THEMA Asia-Pacific, Group Canal+ subsidiary and Stingray Group, a music, media, and technology company, announced the launch of 4K channels Stingray Festival 4K, Stingray Now 4K as well as Stingray Naturescape and premium HD channel, Stingray DJAZZ with First Media, one of the leading cable TV and fixed broadband internet providers in Indonesia operated by PT Link Net Tbk (LINK). Starting 1 October, First Media subscribers will get access to Stingray’s high-quality TV channels and be able to experience unmatched music content and breathtaking imagery filmed on location around the world. From stunning visuals of the Alaskan wilderness to sold-out arena shows, there is something for every viewer, curated by a team of expert music programmers.
Stingray DJAZZ (Channel #334) is the premium television channel dedicated to jazz and jazz-related genres such as soul, blues, funk, gospel, hip-hop, fusion, reggae, Latin, swing, and bebop. The channel showcases exciting international productions and exclusive local content from the world’s major jazz festivals, famous clubs, and intimate venues.
Stingray Naturescape (Channel #701) broadcasts spectacular imagery from around the world to transform any home into a peaceful, relaxing oasis. From inspirational sunrises, spectacular night skies, bird’s-eye views of global gateways, and stunning tropical beaches, the channel offers a multitude of getaways that complement every moment of the day.
Stingray Festival 4K (Channel #702) is the first television channel to broadcast exclusively in native 4K and Dolby Digital audio. The channel’s programming includes massive concerts by top stadium fillers, must-see theatre productions, colorful circuses, electrifying DJ sets, beautiful ballet and opera performances, and much more.
Stingray Now 4K (Channel #703) is the next music video revolution offering curated programming of stunning 4K videos by today’s biggest and most popular stars, indie darlings, and up-and-coming artists from around the world.
“Stingray is the leading provider of 4K television channels for content providers worldwide who want to offer their subscribers cutting-edge entertainment,” said David Purdy, Chief Revenue Officer of Stingray. “We are thrilled to introduce our latest 4K and HD TV channels in Indonesia. The near lifelike picture quality and crystal-clear sound will bring music lovers closer to the performance than they ever imagined possible.”
“We are excited to bring four Stingray channels to First Media’s subscribers, who will have the chance to enjoy a variety of music contents both 4K and HD,” said Alexandre BAC, Managing Director APAC at THEMA. “Indonesia’s strong jazz culture guarantees an enthusiastic audience for Stingray DJAZZ, and all viewers will enjoy the diversity of programming on Stingray Festival 4K, Stingray Now 4K, and Stingray Naturescape”.
“Aligned with our commitment to provide the best one-stop home entertainment and internet solution, we are consistently adding superior content to our cable tv channel lineup to fulfill the increasing demand for entertainment content. According to the latest study Nielsen New Normal Survey, 83% of Indonesian consumers seek entertainment by watching TV. We hope that the collaboration with Stingray Group will enrich customers’ entertainment experience with highly selective shows and various music collections from all over the world,” said Ferliana Suminto, Content & eSports Director of PT Link Net Tbk.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020