Rapper ShiGGa Shay “是个谁” to premiere virtual concert to regional audience exclusively on TechStorm
Be transported to a galactic Egyptian podium, then to Singapore’s Central Business District, all the while interacting with a titan-sized ShiGGa Shay. That’s what regional audiences can expect as this “first of its kind interactive virtual live concert” makes its debut to regional audiences on TechStorm as the exclusive Official Media Partner.
ShiGGa Shay “是个谁” first launched his EP 365 via a virtual live concert online. In this groundbreaking first-ever real-time interactive performance by the Asian rap singer, audiences will be transported to fantastical 360° environments in the digital realm where they can get up close and personal with Singapore rapper ShiGGa Shay, who appears as a digital avatar.
This hybrid “mixed reality” performance will now be made available to regional audiences with an exclusive deal with TechStorm, which is available in 26 countries.
The concert is scheduled to debut on TechStorm on 19 October, Mon at 8:30 p.m. (SG/MAL) | 7:30 p.m. (JKT/BKK) | 6 p.m. (SL).
This virtual concert is the first of its kind in Southeast Asia and serves ShiGGa Shay’s new EP album launch. Built by the MRGE team using the Unity engine, the show was initially recorded as a livestream online where viewers are empowered as a concert audience.
The audience will participate in co-creating the experience via the chat stream with their comments appearing onscreen in real-time. ShiGGa Shay’s body movements and facial expressions are captured via a motion capture suit and Apple iPhone’s Face ID software.
Sharing his thoughts, ShiGGa Shay said, “Doing this virtual show really opened my mind up to what concerts in the future may look and feel like. It was a crazy experience. The timeline was extremely tight. The MRGE team and I only started working on this mid-August for a September livestream. Everything was completely live, from the movement of the avatar to the effects happening in the environment and the audio portion of it. Shoutout to the MRGE team for pulling this off. And TechStorm for helping to get this show to their audience!”
“Our Gen Z and millennial audiences are constantly seeking novel ways of entertainment. TechStorm is the perfect platform that intersects coolest cutting edge tech trends with latest, hip rap music that trends well. This Official Media Partnership is a fabulous testimony of TechStorm’s innovative ways that explores pop culture that coincides with our core audience’ passions and interest. We’re thrilled to bring more of such intriguing entertainment experience to delight our young audience segment aged 18 to 34 years, who actively watching TechStorm,” said Debbie Lee, Founder & CEO of TechStorm.
TechStorm reaches more than 43 million viewers in Asia and is currently distributed across 25 million mobile OTT subscribers and more than 3.3 million subscriber households. TechStorm is available on Dialog TV Channel 62 and MyDialog OTT in Sri Lanka, StarHub Channel 420 and StarHub TV+ OTT in Singapore, First Media Channel 333 and FirstMediaX OTT, Telkomsel’s MAXstream OTT, and Genflix OTT in Indonesia, Cellcard TV OTT, SingMeng TV Channel 251 and Splus mobile TV in Cambodia. AIS TV Channel 251 and AIS PLAY OTT in Thailand. Sky Cable Channel 212, Cignal Play OTT, and via Omnicontent Management Inc. across 66 leading MSOs and provincial cable systems in the Philippines.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 125 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021