Rainmaker Content appoints head of sales confirming expanded sales and operations team
Rainmaker Content, the recently launched international distributor specialising in drama, factual and special event programming, has appointed ex-Sky Vision executive Karen Wise as its Head of Sales, it was announced by Greg Phillips, Co-Founder of the company. As well as leading the sales effort, Karen will be responsible for worldwide international sales and providing strategic insight into high-quality content development and acquisition.
At the same time, the company has appointed Singapore-based Caroline Clarke as its Sales Consultant for Asia, Middle East & Africa. Reporting to Karen Wise, Caroline will lead the company’s Asia and MEA sales strategies. Caroline was most recently Senior Sales Manager for Sky Vision, handling international sales to Asia across all genres.
The Rainmaker Content team has further expanded with Colin Kiely taking up the role of Director of Operations and Digital Distribution. Previously Director of Digital Operations at Kew Media Colin will work closely with COO and Co-Founder Vicky Ryan, with additional responsibility for expanding the company’s digital presence around the world.
Greg Phillips comments, “We are delighted Karen is joining us at this exciting time as we continue to build our business and expand our portfolio of high-end programming. We have hired an experienced sales head to take the helm. Karen has a great deal of expertise across multiple genres, coupled with exceptional relationships with many clients around the world including North America. In addition, we are pleased to welcome Caroline in Singapore to develop and extend our presence in Asia including Japan, the Middle East, and Africa.”
Adding, “Every distribution company needs a strong and efficient team and, having worked with Colin for a number of years, we know our operations and digital strategy are in the best possible hands.”
Karen Wise joins Rainmaker Content having previously been part of Sky’s international distribution arm, Sky Vision, since 2012. From 2018, she successfully managed the EMEA sales team selling across all genres and broadcast platforms. During this time Karen handled a number of premium series such as Catherine the Great with Dame Helen Mirren, Patrick Melrose starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Riviera Series 1 & 2 with Julia Stiles and Adrian Lester, and the Fortitude trilogy alongside many other prestigious drama properties. In the non-scripted space, Karen was involved in sales of BBC’s Michael McIntyre’s Big Show, Channel 4’s Secret Life of the Zoo, and Escape to the Chateau. Karen has had an extensive career working across multiple genres, territories, broadcasters, and global digital platforms with positions at Target Entertainment, Minotaur International, AETN UK, and Carlton International.
Caroline Clarke has more than 25 years of experience in sales and business development in the media and entertainment industry, having worked for a number of well-established international media companies, such as Sky, CBS, ITN, and Paramount in the UK, Australia, and Singapore.
Rainmaker Content, which was founded earlier this year by Greg Phillips, Graham Begg, and Vicky Ryan, has recently reported a slew of sales for the annual US Primetime Emmy Awards and the critically acclaimed lockdown comedy Staged starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen. The company recently closed its first collaboration with leading independent German content house Leonine for the worldwide distribution of ten-part one-hour blue-sky action series Professionals which it launched at MIPCOM 2020.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020