Nippon TV announces strategic global growth plan for its IBD division and promotes two executives
Currently ranked as the #1 commercial TV broadcaster in Japan and has had significant global success since launching its International Business Division (IBD) in 2014, Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced that IBD is rolling out a comprehensive new global growth plan which includes strategic creative collaborations with international partners as an investment in future business and a way to expand its slate of brands. Marking this as one of Nippon TV’s top priorities, the global growth plan includes the promotion of two key executives within the company. The promotions are effective immediately and both executives will be based in Tokyo. The announcement was made today by Mr. Hiroyuki Fukuda, Board Director and Operating Officer responsible for Nippon TV’s programming, production, sports, and business development.
Overseeing this expanded division will be Mr. Keiichi Sawa, who has been promoted to Operating Officer of Nippon TV, while also retaining his current title of President of Business Development for Nippon TV. He will be responsible for the overall operations of IBD and will report to Mr. Fukuda. Mr. Sawa replaces Mr. Atsushi Sogo, who will become President of NTV Personnel Center Corp., a group company of Nippon TV.
The second promotion is for Ms. Mikiko Nishiyama, Associate Managing Director of IBD, who has been promoted to Managing Director of IBD and will report to Mr. Sawa. She will be responsible for the day to day operations of IBD.
“Nippon TV is currently at the top of its game as the ratings champion broadcaster for six consecutive years and our digital strategy is accelerating with Hulu in Japan becoming the leading streaming platform. Now, the timing is absolutely perfect for the expansion of our international business and I am honored to be leading this amazing IBD team. My predecessors have done a remarkable job initially creating and ultimately growing Nippon TV’s international business thanks to our partners in the global content industry,” commented Mr. Sawa. “Our award-winning scripted formats Mother and Woman –My Life for My Children-, along with our leading unscripted formats Dragons’ Den and BLOCK OUT, are now seen around the world and continue to garner top ratings.”
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 80 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 44 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 38 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020