Nippon TV’s ‘Abandoned’ has aired on Fox Turkey starting 9 October
Having recently announced their sixth deal together, Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced that FOX Turkey has begun airing Cocukluk, the Turkish version of its hit series Abandoned, on Friday, 9 October.
Created and produced by Medyapim and MF Yapim, two of the leading production companies in Turkey, Cocukluk features Beren Gökyıldız from Anne (an adaptation of Nippon TV’s Mother) and Kübra Süzgün from Kadin (an adaptation of Nippon TV’s Woman – My Life for My Children). Anne and Kadin now air in over 40 countries around the world. Cocukluk means “childhood” in Turkish. The announcement was made jointly by Ms. Mikiko Nishiyama, Managing Director of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Mr. Fatih Aksoy, President of Medyapim.
“We were once again thrilled to hear that Abandoned was going to be produced by the hit-making creators Medyapim and MF Yapim, and air on FOX Turkey immediately after the enormous success of Kadin, the remake of our Woman – My Life for My Children. Cocukluk features two Turkish superstar child actresses who were the lead characters in their remake of our Mother (Anne), and Woman – My Life for My Children- (Kadin),” commented Ms. Nishiyama.
“We are so honored that Medyapim and MF Yapim took the same strategy that we did when we created Abandoned for the Japanese audience in casting these amazing young talents. It is very humbling to see how our format helped in bringing light to these young generations and we have so much confidence that this story will touch audiences with their proven strong performance, not only in Turkey but also around the world,” added Ms. Nishiyama.
“This will be the fourth collaboration of Nippon TV-Medyapim-MF Yapim after Mother, Woman and The Teacher. The first three series attained great success both in Turkey and around the world. I believe that with the power of its story and its talented cast, this series will also achieve great success,” commented Mr. Aksoy.
Nippon TV, Medyapim, and MF Yapim have announced six deals to date: Mother, Woman – My Life for My Children, Mr. Hiiragi’s Homeroom (The Teacher), and Abandoned, with My Son and OASIS -a love story- set to be produced shortly.
Abandoned was also adapted in Thailand in 2019 and became an instant hit with the local viewers when it first streamed on LINE TV, and now streaming on Netflix.
Abandoned is a touching drama seen through the eyes of children facing the harsh reality of life in an orphanage. While facing many challenges, these young children long to be adopted. Only after agreeing to become a member of a new family, the orphans learn of their past given names. Are innocence and happiness lost forever when abandoned, or will these children ultimately find their place in the world? This series will take the viewers into the hearts of children while displaying what it means for them to love and be loved.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020