Nelvana, Spin Master pen new publishing deal with Hachette for Bakugan franchise in France
Nelvana, a world-leading international producer and distributor of children’s animated and live-action content, together with Spin Master Corp., a leading global children’s entertainment company, is excited to announce its new publishing deal with Hachette Publishing for the popular franchise BAKUGAN® in France. The partnership kicks off with two book releases this fall. The first chapter book, Le Bakugan Doré, lands on bookshelves this month with a second release coming in December.
“Building off the strong foundation our team has secured with prime broadcast placement on Gulli and Canal J and along with the support of Spin Master’s international rollout of toys, we are excited to launch a new publishing program for Bakugan in France with Hachette,” said Mellany Masterson, Head of Nelvana Enterprises. “Hachette’s leadership and expertise in publishing make them the perfect partner to bring the world of Bakugan to more fans in new ways.”
Season 1 Bakugan: Battle Planets (100 x 11 min) and Season 2 Bakugan: Armored Alliance (104 x 11 min) currently air on Gulli weekdays at 4:35 p.m. in France and on Canal J at 6:45 p.m. Both seasons air on Cartoon Network in the U.S., and TELETOON in Canada, as well as on Cartoon Network in Spain, Italy, Middle East, Gulli, Canal J and M6 in Africa, Sony Pop in the U.K., Super RTL in Germany, RTL in the Netherlands, Hungary, and Croatia, Nine GO! In Australia, TVNZ in New Zealand, Star in Greece, 1+1 in Ukraine, PopTV in Slovenia, VMMa in Belgium, and SIA in Lithuania.
Spin Master launched Bakugan: Armored Alliance toys internationally this fall after a successful launch in North America this past spring 2020. An additional wave of products will also launch internationally this coming spring. Nelvana, who co-produces the series with Spin Master and TMS Entertainment, manages the franchise’s licensing programs in both France and Canada.
Bakugan: Armored Alliance (104 x 11 min) follows the adventures of Dan Kouzo and his best friends: the first kids on Earth to bond with the mysterious alien creatures known as Bakugan! The fate of not one but two planets rests in the hands of this new breed of Bakugan Brawlers.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 29 views | posted on January 19, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020