Discovery Plus is the new home for the best of BBC titles in India
Discovery Plus, India’s first aggregated real-life entertainment streaming app is expanding its content portfolio with a vast collection of thrilling line-ups with the best of BBC Studios. As a part of its special October line-up, Discovery Plus is also premiering content in new categories like War, Civilizations, Biopics, Nature & Medical Sciences along with 34 new titles for its passionate communities.
Consumers can now enjoy the marquee shows from their rich content library including India exclusive titles like Icons, that features the greatest figures of the 20th century like the late Mahatma Gandhi, Muhammed Ali, Nelson Mandela, Neil Armstrong, Albert Einstein, and Charlie Chaplin among many others and Top Gear, the world’s biggest motoring show. Furthermore, viewers can witness BBC landmark series like Planet Earth I & II and Blue Planet I & II, narrated by Sir David Attenborough – the first and last name in natural history programming among other exciting line-up like The Birth of Empire – The East India Company, The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler, The World’s War: Forgotten Soldiers of Empire, The Ganges with Sue Perkins and ancient civilizations content- Ancient Worlds, Pompeii – Secrets Of The Petrified Bodies under its new categories – War, Civilizations, Biopics, Nature & Medical Sciences.
Speaking about the association, Stanley Fernandes, Vice President of Distribution (South Asia), BBC Studios said, “We’re very excited that our content has found a new home in India with Discovery Plus. From the very beginning, our content’s appeal has truly transcended borders, and viewers will relish the magnificense of shows like Planet Earth and Blue Planet while enjoying our new offerings such as Icons, as we develop newer and more exciting content.”
Issac John, Business Head – Digital (South Asia), Discovery said, “Our partnership with BBC reaches a new high with this sizeable launch of premium BBC specials on Discovery Plus. We have always aimed at providing our passionate fans with content that both entertains and informs and this new collection drives that ambition even more strongly. The new genres of History and Nature that users will be able to access from the home page of Discovery Plus this week onwards is guaranteed to delight our core target audience of lifelong learners.”
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020