Discovery Plus is the new home for the best of BBC titles in India
Discovery Plus, India’s first aggregated real-life entertainment streaming app is expanding its content portfolio with a vast collection of thrilling line-ups with the best of BBC Studios. As a part of its special October line-up, Discovery Plus is also premiering content in new categories like War, Civilizations, Biopics, Nature & Medical Sciences along with 34 new titles for its passionate communities.
Consumers can now enjoy the marquee shows from their rich content library including India exclusive titles like Icons, that features the greatest figures of the 20th century like the late Mahatma Gandhi, Muhammed Ali, Nelson Mandela, Neil Armstrong, Albert Einstein, and Charlie Chaplin among many others and Top Gear, the world’s biggest motoring show. Furthermore, viewers can witness BBC landmark series like Planet Earth I & II and Blue Planet I & II, narrated by Sir David Attenborough – the first and last name in natural history programming among other exciting line-up like The Birth of Empire – The East India Company, The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler, The World’s War: Forgotten Soldiers of Empire, The Ganges with Sue Perkins and ancient civilizations content- Ancient Worlds, Pompeii – Secrets Of The Petrified Bodies under its new categories – War, Civilizations, Biopics, Nature & Medical Sciences.
Speaking about the association, Stanley Fernandes, Vice President of Distribution (South Asia), BBC Studios said, “We’re very excited that our content has found a new home in India with Discovery Plus. From the very beginning, our content’s appeal has truly transcended borders, and viewers will relish the magnificense of shows like Planet Earth and Blue Planet while enjoying our new offerings such as Icons, as we develop newer and more exciting content.”
Issac John, Business Head – Digital (South Asia), Discovery said, “Our partnership with BBC reaches a new high with this sizeable launch of premium BBC specials on Discovery Plus. We have always aimed at providing our passionate fans with content that both entertains and informs and this new collection drives that ambition even more strongly. The new genres of History and Nature that users will be able to access from the home page of Discovery Plus this week onwards is guaranteed to delight our core target audience of lifelong learners.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020