The Seven Network announced it has commissioned The Voice from ITV Studios Australia, to appear on Channel 7 in 2021 as part of its successful content-led growth strategy.
The Voice is one of Australian television’s most successful and much-loved entertainment franchises and is the purest vocal talent competition that exists globally. Originating in the Netherlands in 2010, the program airs in 180 countries across every continent, including the nine seasons on Australian screens with a galaxy of superstar Coaches including Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, The Madden Brothers, Ricky Martin, will.i.am, Kylie Minogue, Jessie J, Ronan Keating and Joe Jonas.
The 2021 season on Seven will be hosted by Sonia Kruger.
CEO and Managing Director James Warburton said, “This is a coup for Seven. Adding The Voice to our 2021 program slate is another brick in the wall of our content-led growth strategy of using proven, power formats. The Voice is a television megabrand that will deliver on our promise of more tentpoles, audience growth, and consistency across the year. It is a strong performer in BVOD and will give audiences what they want: the world’s best television.
Director of Programming, Angus Ross said, “The Voice remains the biggest entertainment show in Australia averaging over 1.5 million viewers each week – delivering on broadcast, demographics, and streaming. We jumped at the opportunity to bring this juggernaut into Seven’s 2021 schedule. Our plans to supercharge the format are well underway.”
The 2021 series will be reimagined to capture the spirit of the times. A new tighter format adapted for the latest viewing trends will see the new series maintain all the momentum of the past while injecting the dynamic pace we know audiences love.
“We’re accustomed to working with some of the best production studios in the country to deliver refreshed formats that have new life breathed into them,” said Angus Ross. “We’ve done it with Big Brother and Farmer Wants a Wife this year – and we couldn’t resist the opportunity to responsibly reimagine the format for The Voice 2021. We’ll deliver an established franchise ramped up for newer and bigger audiences, in a lean production format that speaks to modern viewers.”
David Mott, CEO and Managing Director of ITV Studios Australia said, “This is truly a significant day. It is the beginning of a new era of The Voice in Australia which is still the biggest entertainment brand globally. Seven did not hesitate in securing the rights when this opportunity came up and we cannot wait to get cracking on the series for 2021 and to welcome Sonia back to the biggest entertainment stage on Australian television.”
The Voice Australia will appear across the Seven Network in 2021.
The flagship format has regularly delivered number 1 rankings for broadcasters and has won four Emmys and three TV WEEK Logie awards.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 51 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020