Global production and distribution studio, The Story Lab and Japan’s multi-platform entertainment network, Nippon TV, today announced details of their new entertainment format, 9 Windows, the first title to be launched by their recent co-development partnership.
9 Windows is a funny and fast-paced gameshow-meets-talent contest celebrating ordinary people with outlandish skills. Set in an iconic, interactive studio, each episode features nine contestants with astonishing and unusual abilities, all beamed in from their home through ‘nine windows’ – giant studio screens.
Across three hilarious rounds, the contestants compete for a cash prize by mesmerizing a studio jury with their hidden talent – whether it’s balancing any household object on top of another, using incredible knife skills to slice things into any shape, or using 3D makeup to turn a woman’s arm into a shockingly lifelike snake.
Throughout the series, a famous comedy host keeps the laughs coming and action running in this highly original show, which includes viewer play-along at every stage.
9 Windows launched on Nippon TV on 24 September, outperforming all the competition in its timeslot. The Story Lab and Nippon TV are bringing the format to the international marketplace for the first time this October, at MIPCOM 2020.
Shigeko Cindy Chino, Associate Managing Director of International Business Development for Nippon TV comments: “The launch of 9 Windows has had an incredible response in Japan, and we are excited to see it begin its international journey, thanks to our partnership with The Story Lab. The format has an irresistible mix of jaw-dropping talent and game show jeopardy that gives it truly global appeal and the potential to travel fast.”
Fotini Paraskakis, The Story Lab’s EVP, Entertainment, adds: “The brilliant fun and originality of 9 Windows is testament to the level of creativity that is driving our partnership with Nippon TV. By cleverly combining a gameshow and talent competition, this highly innovative format brings a fresh twist to entertainment programming that feels exciting and unique.”
Nippon TV and The Story Lab first announced plans to enter into a co-development partnership in December 2019. The partnership is focused on creating original entertainment formats that are scalable and returnable across multiple territories. The international distribution of all titles launched by the partnership is jointly managed by Nippon TV and The Story Lab.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020