Insight TV launches branded programming block on UMAX Channel in South Korea
Korea’s UMAX channel has licensed 200 hours of original programming from Insight TV, a leading producer and distributor of 4K UHD HDR programming and formats. The all-UHD Korean channel will include a new branded block of Insight TV programming starting this month. The deal was brokered by THEMA Asia-Pacific.
UMAX is Korea’s first and largest all-UHD channel and is available on leading IPTV platforms such as KT, SKB, and LGU+. The Insight TV branded block will air for two hours daily on the channel and include such popular Insight TV originals as Chasing Monsters: El Niño, MTB Heroes: Trailblazers, Ghost Chasers, Living Stone, Road’s End, Science of Thrills, Spartan X, The 30/10 Challenge, Access All Areas, Spartan X, Hunting Fish and King of the Hammers: The Ultra 4 Saga.
“UMAX is glad to have the astonishing quality content of Insight TV on the UMAX channel. With these great shows, we will be able to attract more audiences to experience true 4K UHD programs amid the continuous spread of Covid-19. We will also continue to broadcast high-quality UHD content as we strive to become the best channel specializing in 4K UHD,” said Mr. Hyun-ha Son, CEO of UMAX.
“South Korea is an important market for Insight TV and we are fortunate and pleased to secure this licensing deal with UMAX. We look forward to working with UMAX as they promote UHD services in one of the most advanced TV markets in the world. By packaging these titles into a branded block on the leading UHD channel, we continue to grow our brand recognition with Korean viewers,” said Graeme Stanley, Chief Commercial Officer, Insight TV.
“We are delighted to expand INSIGHT TV’s content availability in South Korea on UMAX, a further development of the channel in Asia which continues to demonstrates the quality of its 4K programs. We thank our partner UMAX very much for its trust,” said Alexandre Bac, Managing Director of THEMA Asia-Pacific.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 482 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 93 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 79 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021