Insight TV launches branded programming block on UMAX Channel in South Korea
Korea’s UMAX channel has licensed 200 hours of original programming from Insight TV, a leading producer and distributor of 4K UHD HDR programming and formats. The all-UHD Korean channel will include a new branded block of Insight TV programming starting this month. The deal was brokered by THEMA Asia-Pacific.
UMAX is Korea’s first and largest all-UHD channel and is available on leading IPTV platforms such as KT, SKB, and LGU+. The Insight TV branded block will air for two hours daily on the channel and include such popular Insight TV originals as Chasing Monsters: El Niño, MTB Heroes: Trailblazers, Ghost Chasers, Living Stone, Road’s End, Science of Thrills, Spartan X, The 30/10 Challenge, Access All Areas, Spartan X, Hunting Fish and King of the Hammers: The Ultra 4 Saga.
“UMAX is glad to have the astonishing quality content of Insight TV on the UMAX channel. With these great shows, we will be able to attract more audiences to experience true 4K UHD programs amid the continuous spread of Covid-19. We will also continue to broadcast high-quality UHD content as we strive to become the best channel specializing in 4K UHD,” said Mr. Hyun-ha Son, CEO of UMAX.
“South Korea is an important market for Insight TV and we are fortunate and pleased to secure this licensing deal with UMAX. We look forward to working with UMAX as they promote UHD services in one of the most advanced TV markets in the world. By packaging these titles into a branded block on the leading UHD channel, we continue to grow our brand recognition with Korean viewers,” said Graeme Stanley, Chief Commercial Officer, Insight TV.
“We are delighted to expand INSIGHT TV’s content availability in South Korea on UMAX, a further development of the channel in Asia which continues to demonstrates the quality of its 4K programs. We thank our partner UMAX very much for its trust,” said Alexandre Bac, Managing Director of THEMA Asia-Pacific.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020