Hit cooking format ‘Chef in Your Ear’ serves up a double helping of deals
Global format experts The Format People (TFP) are pleased to announce two more international adaptations of their hit cooking reality format Chef In Your Ear, bringing the total territories to-date to 12.
Following deals by distributor Warner Bros International TV Production, a full studio adaptation of the format locally titled Senti Chi Mangia launched on Italian channel La7 on Monday 14 September.
Presented by Bake Off host Benedetta Parodi, it runs for 35 episodes daily in access-primetime for 7 weeks.
Reviews are in, from Kitchen Confidential in Italy: “A different way of approaching the kitchen suitable for every time slot. It can be said that all the ingredients are in the right place: above all Benedetta Parodi who plays the role of hostess but is never intrusive. Everything looks promising, a really nice shot by La7”.
Meanwhile another full studio adaptation, locally titled Oye Al Chef!, is scheduled to launch 24 September in Chile. Commissioned by Chilevisión and hosted by journalist Emilia Daiber, the series will feature celebrity novices and will be broadcast later this autumn. Other Latin American deals are pending.
Chef In Your Ear sees two top chefs competing to deliver a restaurant-quality dish – by remote control! The two Chefs are sealed in booths, unable to touch, taste or smell the food, and must each direct a complete kitchen novice via an earpiece to do all the preparation, cooking and plating, before the final dishes are judged by a food critic.
The format has been produced to date in Canada (French and English), Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Mexico, Mongolia, South Korea, and Brazil.
“The idea is not only to learn how to cook, but also to have fun in the process. This is a very original format and we are certain that it will work very well on Chilevisión”, saidFrancisco Espinoza, Programming Head for Chilevisión.
“Like all long-lasting formats, Chef In your Ear continues to evolve, with great new ideas and elements blended into the ‘recipe’ by our teams in Italy and Chile, including the unique ‘left-overs’ dish prepared by the Italian host herself!” said Justin Scroggie, TFP Chief Creative Officer & Partner.
“Justin and I continue to be thrilled about the ongoing success of Chef In Your Ear over the years and are grateful to our production and broadcast partners who bring our show to life in their own territory,” said Michel Rodrigue, TFP Chief Executive Officer & Partner.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 1.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 344 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 54 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 48 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020