‘Everything’s Rosie’ heads to China on her 10th birthday
Pre-school animation hit Everything’s Rosie, produced and distributed by UK-based V&S Entertainment, is heading to China. State broadcaster CCTV has acquired 104 episodes of the global ratings-winning series which are currently being dubbed into Mandarin at VSI Studios in London.
Celebrating her 10th Anniversary this year, Everything’s Rosie will now appear in front of 120 million preschool children across China.
Broadcast in China expands the international footprint for Everything’s Rosie, which has now aired in more than 170 countries and been dubbed into 25 languages. The broadcast deal in China was co-developed with the China-Britain Business Council (CBBC).
V&S Entertainment has set up a dedicated office in Beijing to broaden Everything’s Rosie’s exposure to facilitate publishing, broadcast, and licensing opportunities with publishing and digital platform deals in the region.
Everything’s Rosie has been produced by V&S Entertainment with meticulous detail. Intelligent and wholesome stories include a subtle educational message to ensure children are engaged while learning. With a focus on friendship, the series promotes positivity through teamwork and learning through play, with strong educational and moral values.
Vickie Corner, Managing Director at V&S Entertainment, comments: “As China’s largest Children’s TV broadcaster, working with CCTV-14 was an obvious choice for us, enabling millions of Chinese children to experience the joy of Everything’s Rosie.”
Tom Simpson, Managing Director, China Operations and Chief China Representative, (CBBC) comments: “As both entertainment and educational content, Everything’s Rosie is well suited to benefit from the significant demographic and consumer spending changes brought on by the end of China’s One-Child Policy. The China-Britain Business Council is proud to work with V&S Entertainment.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 27 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020