Leading kids’ entertainment specialist CAKE has announced a slate of TV broadcasters and recent distribution deals for the brand new CGI action-comedy series Treasure Trekkers™.
In France, Treasure Trekkers™ has been picked up by Canal+ for its channel Piwi+ and follows additional broadcast deals including YLE Finland, Czech TV, TVP Poland, Kidszone for the Baltics, Balapan in Kazakhstan, and MBC in the Middle East.
In China, Treasure Trekkers was acquired for Alibaba-owned Youku through Chinese distributor Cawro. Launching in January this year, the adventure series was among the top three overseas kids’ shows on the platform during 2Q 2020. Treasure Trekkers is also already on air in the Middle East on Discovery Channel, in Indonesia on Trans 7, and in Europe on EITB Spain and SVT Sweden and premiered on Siminn in Iceland last month.
Treasure Trekkers™ follows the intrepid adventures of three heroic mouse-sized adventurers, who are tasked with preserving and protecting the priceless treasures of the world. Mo, Mac, and Mip embark on exciting missions unearthing rare and sometimes magical artifacts, whilst learning to navigate their differences and discovering that the most precious treasures – friendship, kindness, and respect – are the ones that come from within.
The 52 x 11-minute series is exec produced by J.S. Friedman, author of the original award-winning book series Maurice’s Valises and former LazyTown Entertainment exec Agust Ingason. The creative team also includes Oscar nominee Director Thierry Marchand (Oktapodi) and a multi-award-winning writing team led by Andy Yerkes with animation being done out of the company’s Tenerife based B-Water Animation Studios.
Ed Galton, CCO & Managing Director at CAKE said, “The real treasures of empathy and teamwork are at the core of Treasure Trekkers. Coupled with adventures from all around the world, the series is naturally appealing to broadcasters, who recognise the need for content promoting friendship, kindness, and positivity particularly relevant at this time.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020