Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature
International content producer, distributor, and channel operator, Blue Ant Media announced the promotions of Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; and Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature. These changes will see Jamie leading the company’s streaming and linear television networks and digital platforms around the world, as well as Blue Ant Media’s existing print products and consumer events. Carlyn will now head up Love Nature’s strategic direction and operations globally, including commissioning and development, programming, digital content, marketing, and communications, as well as international affiliate sales. Love Nature, a global family-friendly wildlife brand, reaches 200 million homes around the world via its branded linear and streaming platforms and through partnerships with top-tier pay-TV platforms and streamers.
Carlyn now reports to Jamie Schouela and has joined Blue Ant Media’s corporate management team. Jamie will continue to report to Michael MacMillan, CEO and co-founder, Blue Ant Media.
“These promotions ladder up to Blue Ant Media’s commitment to streamlining its core priorities, which include content production, ownership, and exploitation in all its forms,” said Michael MacMillan, CEO and co-founder, Blue Ant Media. “Jamie and Carlyn have proven track records building successful media brands in North America and around the globe. I am pleased to see them at the helm of our channels business, propelling our company forward in our ever-changing industry.”
Since 2017, Jamie has served Blue Ant Media in the role of President, Canadian Media where he’s headed up the company’s Canadian television, media, and consumer events businesses. Jamie has a strong background building premium, multi-platform media brands both through partnerships that have brought international players to Canada (Smithsonian Channel and BBC Earth) as well as leading the development and launch of homegrown ones (Love Nature, Makeful, A.Side). He has also been a driver of Blue Ant’s overall strategy to expand its brands on emerging platforms including Amazon Channels, Apple TV+, Roku, and others. Prior to Blue Ant Media, Jamie served as Vice-President, Marketing for Shaw Media, directing all marketing and communications activity for Global Television and its 19 specialty channels. He began his career at Alliance Atlantis where he helped build a number of networks including Showcase, History Television, and BBC Canada. His campaigns have won both Promax and Canadian Marketing Association awards, as well as set a Guinness World Record.
Carlyn is formerly EVP, Programming and Development for Love Nature. In this role, she oversaw the global programming strategy of Love Nature’s linear platforms internationally and she commissioned original content to grow the brand’s extensive library of 4K natural history programming. Prior to joining Blue Ant Media, Carlyn held numerous leadership roles at National Geographic. As SVP, Global Programming and Managing Director for National Geographic Channels International’s operations in Washington DC, Carlyn was responsible for spearheading co-production partnerships and global acquisitions across NGCI’s suite of channels. Carlyn also served as Channel Manager for Nat Geo Wild internationally, charged with increasing the network’s footprint and managing all content, both commissioned and acquired.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 375 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021