Beyond Rights’ CEO, Kate Llewellyn-Jones, announced two pivotal roles in the company. Jimmy Humphrey will become Beyond Rights Limited’s head of acquisitions and co-productions, while Simona Argenti has been confirmed as head of sales. Both Jimmy and Simona held the same positions at TCB Media Rights when it was acquired by Beyond International.
Kate Llewellyn-Jones says: “Jimmy and Simona are exceptional senior executives, with excellent track records in their respective fields. I am delighted to confirm their new leadership roles within Beyond Rights and look forward to working closely with them to demonstrate to the international marketplace what an exciting and spirited business we now have. I firmly believe that our independence, financial stability, and healthy mid-size scale, coupled with innovative approaches, flexibility, and an enviable content pipeline, will create enduring partnerships with buyers and producers and mark us out as ‘one to watch’ in the evolving distribution industry.”
Further announcements will follow. The re-organisation of TCB Media Rights and Beyond Distribution has resulted in the majority of personnel being retained. Only seven London-based employees have left their respective employers because of role redundancies, mostly in sales positions.
Beyond Rights Limited will ultimately comprise a team of 25 people, with offices in London, Sydney, and Dublin, and a catalogue of more than 7500 hours, covering an extensive range of unscripted genres and documentaries, in addition to scripted content, feature films, children’s programmes, and formats.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 1.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 344 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 54 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 48 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020