BBC Studios announce the second series of their hit drama ‘Out of Love’
BBC Studios have announced the second season of Out of Love; their runaway hit Indian format of the emotional and psychological drama, Doctor Foster. Following the release of the first season, Out of Love was rated in India as one of the most successful new scripted series of 2019 and received multiple awards and nominations.
The first season starred Rasika Dugal and Purab Kohli, who will also reprise their roles in Season 2 as Dr. Meera & Akarsh Kapoor, respectively. Out of Love Season 1 was streamed on Disney+ Hotstar from November 2019 and quickly drew accolades from its large audience that connected with the show, particularly for Dugal’s lead performances and the show’s authentic scene-setting in Coonoor, Tamil Nadu.
Sameer Gogate, Business Head of Production, India, BBC Studios says, “The first season of Out of Love demonstrated the universality of the themes in Doctor Foster, such as complex relationships, insecurity, and betrayal – whilst taking on a fully Indian way of storytelling. We are very excited to continue this association with Hotstar Specials and return with the excellent cast and crew, and to continue bringing the saga of Dr. Meera Kapoor in Season 2 of Out of Love to screens here.”
Doctor Foster, produced by Drama Republic, was originally written by Olivier Award-winning playwright Mike Bartlett and has won awards for Best New Drama at the 2016 National Television Awards and Best TV Drama at the 2016 South Bank Sky Arts Awards in the United Kingdom. Beyond India, the Doctor Foster format has also been licensed to Russia, France, and South Korea, with record-breaking ratings around the globe.
Since its launch in 2019, Hotstar Specials which features original and exclusive commissions has a track record of bringing bold and creative stories to Indian screens. They have previously featured adaptations of the beloved BBC formats Criminal Justice and The Office, among other scripted series.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 339 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 64 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020