AVIA hosts the Satellite Industry Forum focusing on video in the satellite world
The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) will be hosting this year’s Satellite Industry Forum (SIF) as a virtual conference, taking place over two days, from 24-25 September, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (SGT).
As Asia’s leading satellite conference, the theme of Video in the Satellite World will look at the key conversations driving the industry today, with industry leaders sharing their thoughts on The State of the Satellite Industry with the Impact of COVID-19, a view on Asia with the outcomes from WRC-19, and weighing the Bear vs Bull Case for 5G. There will also be many conversations in the coming year, as we look at Satellite Financing and what to watch for in 2021, if it will truly become the landmark year for 4K UHD, and what will Drive Global Growth for the industry in the next decade.
Speaking at the Industry Leaders Talk will be Christophe Cazes, CEO of Eutelsat Asia. In this opening panel, Cazes will be sharing his perspectives and predictions on the satellite industry over the course of the coming year.
“Satellite industry in Asia has been undergoing a big transformation with the emergence of new players and the launch or investment in satellites of a new generation. The COVID-19 situation will either be a catalyst or a disruptor of these trends,” said Cazes.
This year, the conference will also be taking a look at Women in Satellite, a predominantly male industry, for a conversation on their perspectives, challenges, and ideas for putting together best practices to strengthen gender equality both in the sector and within our organisations, as well as their perspectives on what the industry might look like in the coming year. This panel will bring together Anita Bernie, Strategic Business Manager, KISPE Space, Nicole Robinson, SVP Global Government, SES Networks, MD, SES Techcom Services, Aarti Holla-Maini, Secretary General, EMEA Satellite Operators Association (ESOA), and Tina Ghataore, President, Mynaric USA.
“I’ve seen a small shift in women being invited to speak at satellite forums – and not just on topics related to diversity in the industry – but clearly more needs to be done. I look forward to the day when I’m invited to speak and I see around me panelists reflecting both gender and cultural diversity,” commented Ghataore.
Other key speakers joining the Satellite Industry Forum this year include:
– Marc Halbfinger, CEO, PCCW Global
– Yew Weng Soo, VP Sales & Market Development, SES Video, SES
– Terry Bleakley, Regional VP, Asia Pacific, Intelsat
– Shakunt Malhotra, MD, Asia, Globecast
– Roger Tong, CEO, AsiaSat
– Lon Levin, President & CEO, GEOshare
– Alvaro Sanchez, CEO, Integrasys
– Paul Estey, EVP, Customer Relations and Advisor to CEO, Maxar Technologies
– Mark Dankberg, CEO, ViaSat
The Satellite Industry Forum aims to deliver as close an experience as possible to a physical event. All delegates will be able to enjoy a full event platform which will include access to the live conference sessions, virtual networking opportunities as well as meeting rooms to connect and engage with industry peers during the conference. All sessions will also be available for catch-up viewing on-demand after the live event.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 346 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 54 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 48 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020