Really set for UK premiere of ‘Emergency’, Australia’s factual hit of the year, while Fred Media announces new sales for the series
As Discovery UK’s Really channel gets set to premiere the dramatic new medical obs-doc series Emergency (10 x 60’) at 9:00 p.m. on Monday 10th August, Fred Media is pleased to announce that TV4 Sweden, Mediaworks’ Three in New Zealand, RTL Netherlands, and RTB in Brunei have also just acquired the series, with more deals pending in Europe and North America.
The high-intensity, dramatic series, produced by WTFN for Nine Network in Australia, follows an extraordinary team of real-life medical heroes as they fight to save patients suffering life-threatening injuries in one of Australia’s biggest and busiest emergency hospitals, The Royal Melbourne. The series premiered on Nine Network in early July to impressive ratings and critical acclaim.
Adrian Swift, Nine’s head of content, production, and development says, “Emergency has been the Australian factual hit of 2020. The show has brought the real lives of the frontline doctors and nurses in to our loungerooms, and audiences have loved what they’ve seen. Emergency more than doubled the previous slot average and achieved an FTA primary commercial channel share of 42.2 percent in total people and 33.5 percent share of 16-39s. It has won its time slot against Big Brother and Bachelor in Paradise on rival networks. Emergency is factual programming at its best: raw, authentic stories beautifully told.”
Roger Vanderspikken, Fred Media’s COO adds, “With its combination of excellent ratings, unprecedented behind-the-scenes access, and a filming and narrative style that has much in common with scripted medical shows, Emergency is attracting a lot of interest from broadcasters keen to see new takes on ‘flashing light’ shows. The COVID-19 pandemic has heightened global fascination for the work of people on the frontline in hospitals and the continued challenges they face while often putting their own lives at risk. We are excited to see the response from UK audiences and will watch with interest as the series rolls out in Sweden, New Zealand, the Netherlands, and Brunei, as well as those other territories close to finalising deals.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020