‘Asian Dream’ continues its search for the next rising star with Michael Bolton on AXN
Asian Dream continues its search for the region’s next rising star from its top four contestants, Karl Zarate (Philippines), Linh Tran (Vietnam), Poova Sri Rama (Malaysia), and Tyen Rasif (Singapore). Exclusively available on AXNevery Thursday at 7:25 p.m. (SGT), the seven-episode reality singing competition is done in partnership with Subaru Asia and internationally renowned music legend Michael Bolton, who is also the show’s creator, executive producer, and host.
In the last four episodes, the contestants were mentored by Michael Bolton and Morissette Amon and put through a series of tasks and challenges. In episode two, they had to harmonise as a group and perform hits by Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga. In determining who to eliminate in the first round, the judges looked at the contestants’ overall ability to work together as a cohesive unit while maintaining their individual presence.
Episode three continued to spotlight the contestants’ skills as Singaporean dancer-choreographer Alif Aircho and Vietnamese pop singer and performer Ho Ngoc Ha joined the show as guest judges. The contestants took centre stage, displaying their ability to incorporate intense dance choreography into strong vocal performances.
In the fourth and most recent episode, the remaining contestants showcased their versatility and artistry. Viewers around the region heard their local languages as contestants belted out their selected songs, in their chosen languages.
For this latest episode, guest judge Mild Nawin from Thailand, who was the first runner-up from Bolt of Talent, deliberated on the contestants’ performances based on how well they read and engaged the audience in a dynamic open-mic karaoke session. There were still four contestants standing after the challenge and the eventual winner will join Michael Bolton on the Asian Dream tour in 2021 as well as become a Subaru Ambassador.
“I’m inspired by the sheer raw talent and star power that I’ve seen so far from the Asian Dream contestants and couldn’t be more excited to help refine their talent alongside my fellow mentors and judges. I know that viewers will be equally as thrilled as us to see contestants come into their own and grow more confident throughout their journeys on the show. As we approach the season finale, the next few episodes are set to take the remaining contestants to new heights, and they’ll learn from some of the best in the business to master the art of stage presence, brand themselves and unlock the star quality needed to become Asia’s next big music sensation,” said Michael Bolton.
Amongst the line-up of mentors is Filipina singer and actress Morissette Amon, who serves as Asian Dream’s other resident judge. Since joining the world of show business at the age of 14, she has gone on to win more than 30 awards. Her storied career puts her in good stead to coach the contestants and help them rise to the top as they compete to become the most versatile, talented, and charismatic performers in Asia.
The resident judges are joined by guest celebrities from across Asia, including:
- Fashion Photographer Yu Tsai (United States of America)
- Actress Tan Kheng Hua (Singapore)
- Singer Sara Wee (Singapore)
- Choreographer Alif Aircho (Singapore)
- Singer and Subaru Ambassador Mild Nawin (Thailand)
- Singer and actress Jannine Weigel (Thailand)
- Musician Thanh Bui (Vietnam)
- Singer and actress Ho Ngoc Ha (Vietnam)
- Asia’s Next Top Model Season 6 winner and Subaru Ambassador Dana Slosar (Thailand)
- Asia’s Next Top Model Season 6 runner-up Mia Sabathy (Taiwan)
Asian Dream is produced by Refinery Media in association with Passion Films and is available exclusively on AXN, every Thursday at 7:25 p.m. (SGT). The episodes are also available online at www.subaru.asia/asiandream.
AXN is available in Singapore on Singtel TV Channel 304 and on StarHub TV Channel 511.
AXN is available in Thailand on TrueVisions Channel 336.
AXN is available in Malaysia on Astro Channel 701 (HD) and 721.
AXN is available in Hong Kong on Now TV Channel 512 and myTV SUPER Channel 502.
AXN is available in Macau on Macau Cable TV Channel 862 (HD) and 62.
AXN is available in Philippines on Cignal Channel 121, GSat Channel 21 and SKY cable Channel 49.
AXN is available in Cambodia on PPCTV Channel 87 (HD) and 33.
AXN is available in Vietnam across various leading cable operators nationwide.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 52 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020