IFA and LGI Media reaches high with co-production deals for ‘Tibet: Roof Of The World’
Asian production powerhouse IFA Media and LGI Media (formerly Looking Glass International) the Australian based distribution company specializing in factual programming has solidified co-production agreements with prominent broadcasters from around the world for the new blue-chip wildlife project Tibet: Roof of the World.
Producers – IFA Media, partnered with Chinese production giants CICC (China Intercontinental Communication Center), Singapore’s, IMDA (Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore) and Top Vision (Shenzhen Top Vision Film Co., Ltd) to bring the Tibetan Plateau to the big screen, a theatrical release in China.
The film was co-produced with Smithsonian Channel and is set to premiere in the UK and US in September 2020.
Deals brokered by Nha-Uyen Chau, Founder & CEO of LGI Media, see pubcasters NHK (Japan), France Televisions (France) and SVT (Sweden) also airing broadcast versions of the film.
LGI Media will be responsible for worldwide distribution.
Tibet: Roof of the World, takes an in-depth look and explores life on the highest mountain plateau on Earth. This beautiful and otherworldly place is also one of the harshest on the planet. The special follows the lives of some of the iconic creatures that call it home. From Tibetan wolves struggling to raise pups in the rugged peaks, and rare snub-nosed monkeys facing family dramas on the forest slopes to chiru antelopes that travel hundreds of miles to give birth while facing death, and hardy pika who tough out the elements all year, whilst under constant attack. Tibet: Roof of the World discovers how these extraordinary animals manage to not only survive but also thrive on the roof of the world.
Dean Johnson EP and IFA Media partner commented: “Our China office enabled us to gain unprecedented access to one of the most difficult places on earth to film’. The result is a spectacular blue-chip special that will be enjoyed by audiences around the world.”
Commenting on the deals Nha-Uyen Chau, Founder & CEO of LGI Media added, “It’s a great honour to have brokered these international co-productions. Tibet: Roof of the World is an incredible program that explores and provides a fascinating insight into the inhabitants of one of the harshest places in the world.”
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020