Dimsum Entertainment expands “watch for free” content library with new partners from Taiwan, Hong Kong
Video-on-demand service, Dimsum Entertainment is set to expand a comprehensive selection of dramas and shows from Taiwan and Hong Kong through its two new content partners, Sanlih E-Television and Hong Kong Open TV. This new content is available for free viewing by all registered users on Dimsum Entertainment.
Established in 1983, Sanlih E-Television Inc. (SETTV) is known to produce original content that is well-received in terms of rating and recognised by the Golden Bell Awards every year. One in every two dramas broadcasted in Taiwan is created by SETTV, with popular series having gone global and licensed in more than 30 countries spanning 5 continents, such as China, Hong Kong, Canada, Japan, Korea, Europe, Africa, and Southeast Asia. Over time, SETTV has come to be known as the light of Taiwan.
Featuring Taiwanese idol series from the 2000s onwards, fans can now find popular series Queen of No Marriage, Bromance, Someone Like You, Autumn’s Concerto, Refresh Man, The Art of Position, and more on SETTV branded section. Besides, fans of the hit drama series Deja Vu can now watch the full series of the original and Thai version on Dimsum Entertainment. New titles will be added on a monthly basis.
Launched in 2018, Hong Kong Open TV is a free TV channel in Hong Kong offering quality programmes including news, entertainment shows, travelogues, lifestyle and leisure, popular dramas in both analogue and digital terrestrial television formats. It also places focus on producing infotainment content. Hong Kong Open TV aims to become a public-friendly information platform that enriches viewers through its choices of programmes.
The collaboration between Dimsum Entertainment and Hong Kong Open TV will bring in a larger variety of new content and programmes, from daily news update in Cantonese iCable News to showbiz gossip Entertainment News, paranormal stories Classic Unbelievable, unique travelogue Zoo Much Fun, easy-to-cook 30 Minute Meals and more. Other programmes include Ching Daily, Band Sound, Bang Sound, and Pet Shop Keeper.
Dimsum Entertainment is currently available in Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore; and is accessible via the web, mobile, and TV applications.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021