BBC Studios launches BBC Lifestyle Channel on major South Korean telecommunications platform LG U+
BBC Studios, the BBC’s main commercial arm, has announced the first launch of its popular BBC Lifestyle channel in South Korea on telecommunications platform LG U+.
LG U+ Corp is a South Korean cellular carrier owned by Korea’s fourth-largest conglomerate, LG Corporation, and parent company of LG Electronics. LG U+ will be the first platform in South Korea where audiences can watch the BBC Lifestyle channel, which launches on 27th July 2020.
BBC Lifestyle is a unique entertainment destination that provides audiences with inspirational and entertaining programming for their homes, families, and lives. Brimming with vibrant, fresh, and exciting programmes that set trends, the BBC Lifestyle schedule consists of entertaining, food, home and design, cooking, and celebrity programming. Internationally the BBC Lifestyle channel is available in countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Myanmar, Indonesia, and South Africa.
With real human stories at its heart, BBC Lifestyle guides audiences into transforming their world; from revamping homes to invigorating cooking and helping viewers to become healthier, happier, and get the best out of life. Inspiring, daring, and always in the know, the channel is sassy, energetic, and alive with inspirational ideas to transform viewers’ lives.
Bringing the best from the BBC, the channel is home to Gordon Ramsay’s latest series Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back, as well as Grand Designs, where architect, best-selling author, and presenter Kevin McCloud follows some of Britain’s most ambitious self-building projects, as intrepid individuals attempt to design and construct the home of their dreams. BBC Lifestyle viewers will also be able to watch well-loved British programmes such as Masterchef, a competitive cooking television show, which has also been remade in a local Korean format; The Great British Bake Off, a BAFTA-winning baking competition that sees passionate amateur bakers use every crumb of their creativity to impress the judges in each week’s challenges; and The Graham Norton Show, a comedy chat show full of celebrities and gossip, presented by award-winning Irish television personality, Graham Norton.
Geo Lee, (SVP and GM, North East Asia, BBC Studios,) says, “We are thrilled to be launching BBC Lifestyle in South Korea. BBC Lifestyle has a loyal audience in Asia, and we are excited to be bringing the channel to audiences in the South Korean market. The channel encapsulates the quality, breadth, and depth of BBC’s programming, and we think BBC Lifestyle will be popular with audiences. South Korea is an important market for BBC Studios and our partnership with LG U+ builds on our commitment to bring great quality programming to more viewers in Asia.”
Youngrak Kim (Professional, IPTV Linear Channel Team, LG U + ) says, “We are excited to be able to offer our customers access to the high-quality content on BBC Lifestyle, launching in South Korea for the first time ever. The BBC has a reputation for delivering premium TV content and enjoys wide acclaim worldwide, and we are confident that the channel’s offerings will be well received.”
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Winsing Animation brings new content to MIPTV 42 views | posted on April 9, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020