BBC Studios launches BBC Lifestyle Channel on major South Korean telecommunications platform LG U+
BBC Studios, the BBC’s main commercial arm, has announced the first launch of its popular BBC Lifestyle channel in South Korea on telecommunications platform LG U+.
LG U+ Corp is a South Korean cellular carrier owned by Korea’s fourth-largest conglomerate, LG Corporation, and parent company of LG Electronics. LG U+ will be the first platform in South Korea where audiences can watch the BBC Lifestyle channel, which launches on 27th July 2020.
BBC Lifestyle is a unique entertainment destination that provides audiences with inspirational and entertaining programming for their homes, families, and lives. Brimming with vibrant, fresh, and exciting programmes that set trends, the BBC Lifestyle schedule consists of entertaining, food, home and design, cooking, and celebrity programming. Internationally the BBC Lifestyle channel is available in countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Myanmar, Indonesia, and South Africa.
With real human stories at its heart, BBC Lifestyle guides audiences into transforming their world; from revamping homes to invigorating cooking and helping viewers to become healthier, happier, and get the best out of life. Inspiring, daring, and always in the know, the channel is sassy, energetic, and alive with inspirational ideas to transform viewers’ lives.
Bringing the best from the BBC, the channel is home to Gordon Ramsay’s latest series Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back, as well as Grand Designs, where architect, best-selling author, and presenter Kevin McCloud follows some of Britain’s most ambitious self-building projects, as intrepid individuals attempt to design and construct the home of their dreams. BBC Lifestyle viewers will also be able to watch well-loved British programmes such as Masterchef, a competitive cooking television show, which has also been remade in a local Korean format; The Great British Bake Off, a BAFTA-winning baking competition that sees passionate amateur bakers use every crumb of their creativity to impress the judges in each week’s challenges; and The Graham Norton Show, a comedy chat show full of celebrities and gossip, presented by award-winning Irish television personality, Graham Norton.
Geo Lee, (SVP and GM, North East Asia, BBC Studios,) says, “We are thrilled to be launching BBC Lifestyle in South Korea. BBC Lifestyle has a loyal audience in Asia, and we are excited to be bringing the channel to audiences in the South Korean market. The channel encapsulates the quality, breadth, and depth of BBC’s programming, and we think BBC Lifestyle will be popular with audiences. South Korea is an important market for BBC Studios and our partnership with LG U+ builds on our commitment to bring great quality programming to more viewers in Asia.”
Youngrak Kim (Professional, IPTV Linear Channel Team, LG U + ) says, “We are excited to be able to offer our customers access to the high-quality content on BBC Lifestyle, launching in South Korea for the first time ever. The BBC has a reputation for delivering premium TV content and enjoys wide acclaim worldwide, and we are confident that the channel’s offerings will be well received.”
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020