‘I Love My Country’ continues its global expansion and reaches two new territories
I Love My Country, one of ITV Studios’ best-selling formats, continues its strong presence around the world and adds Spain and Vietnam to its long list of commissioning countries. In Spain, I Love My Country (Typical Spanish) has been acquired by TVE and locally produced by Endemol Shine Iberia. The nostalgic entertainment show launched last Friday on La 1 with a 7.2 percent market share. Elsewhere in the world, Dong Tay Promotions Company in Vietnam also commissioned the hit format. Their local version is expected to air this September on HTV Television. These two new commissions bring the total number of countries for the entertainment format to an impressive 36.
Meanwhile, RTP in Portugal has ordered a second season of I Love Portugal after a successful first series in 2019.
The universal and timeless show has been around for many years and still has an extraordinarily high recommission rate across the globe. The show is currently running its 12th season in Hungary, its 9th in Slovakia and its eighth in the Czech Republic, making I Love My Country one of the strongest entertainment titles in the format landscape today.
About I Love My Country
In this nostalgic weekly primetime celebration, two celebrity teams join forces with the audience. All are keen to show how well they know and love their country. It’s an evening dedicated to every memorable aspect of their country through the years. Above all, it’s a format about music, memories, and having fun. I Love My Country is one big trip down memory lane for the young and young at heart.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 52 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020