eOne and POP Family’s new hybrid animated series ‘Alien TV’ prepares to land
The hilarious new family television series, Alien TV, is set to premiere globally on Netflix later this summer and on Australia’s free to air Nine Network in June.
Co-produced by Entertainment One and POP Family Entertainment, in collaboration with Netflix for global release. The Nine Network commissioned the series in Australia, produced with financial support of Create NSW. Alien TV will launch with 26, half-hour episodes targeted at kids aged 6-11 years and their families. The series follows the slapstick misadventures of an extra-terrestrial television news crew as they try to understand the wild, baffling, and sometimes ‘just-plain-weird’ life on a newly discovered planet called… Earth.
Brilliantly combining real-world imagery with high-end CGI animation, the Alien TV news crew lands on Earth to unravel the mysteries of this strange new world and report back to their curious alien audience. Their attempts at understanding human behaviour descend into chaos as they misinterpret everything they see – with unexpected and hilarious consequences.
“Alien TV is a great example of what international co-productions are all about,” said POP Family Entertainment CEO and Alien TV Producer Carmel Travers. “I am thrilled that through Netflix and Nine, this irreverent comedy will be beamed worldwide giving audiences everywhere a funny look at the world – as ‘aliens’ might see us,” she continued.
“Our new show, Alien TV, takes recognisable situations and transforms them into side-splittingly hilarious visual gags that have an instant and universal appeal for both kids and parents,” said eOne’s Olivier Dumont, President, Family Brands. “Alien TV demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bringing audiences high-quality, original kids programming on the very best platforms and we really believe it has the potential to be a big hit when it debuts this summer.”
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 54 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 50 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020