The Walt Disney Company brings Hotstar to migrant workers in Singapore to help them cope with the Coronavirus situation
To offer South Asian migrant workers residing in Singapore moments of respite during this uncertain and difficult time, The Walt Disney Company (through its subsidiary Novi) is working with the Singapore Government to bring the Hotstar streaming service to migrant workers during this period.
Starting immediately, workers can live stream more than 85,000 hours of blockbuster movies, cricket matches, Star India TV shows and live news on their mobile phones. Available in nine languages, the content offering includes more than 2,000 movies and 900 TV shows. The service is currently available only on Android phones in Singapore, but will be available soon on iPhones as well. This initiative ends on 21 July 2020.
“We understand many workers are grappling with the difficulties of living in isolation away from their homes and families,” said Mr. Howie Lau, Assistant Chief Executive (Media and Innovation), Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore. “We appreciate industry partners like Disney which have stepped forward to offer more content choices for the workers to bring them some cheer during this period.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 83 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020
OnScreenAsia.com is the premier online resource for Asia-Pacific’s television content, film and media technologies news. Find out the latest happenings, issues and opinions from the industry’s movers and shakers and utilize the extensive database to find the information and data you need. Along with the newest headlines, premium subscribers also get access to exclusive video content, interviews and the latest issue of TV ASIA Plus. Connect the dots with OnScreenAsia.com, your direct connection to the region’s ever-expanding media industry.
Registration is closed.