The Walt Disney Company brings Hotstar to migrant workers in Singapore to help them cope with the Coronavirus situation
To offer South Asian migrant workers residing in Singapore moments of respite during this uncertain and difficult time, The Walt Disney Company (through its subsidiary Novi) is working with the Singapore Government to bring the Hotstar streaming service to migrant workers during this period.
Starting immediately, workers can live stream more than 85,000 hours of blockbuster movies, cricket matches, Star India TV shows and live news on their mobile phones. Available in nine languages, the content offering includes more than 2,000 movies and 900 TV shows. The service is currently available only on Android phones in Singapore, but will be available soon on iPhones as well. This initiative ends on 21 July 2020.
“We understand many workers are grappling with the difficulties of living in isolation away from their homes and families,” said Mr. Howie Lau, Assistant Chief Executive (Media and Innovation), Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore. “We appreciate industry partners like Disney which have stepped forward to offer more content choices for the workers to bring them some cheer during this period.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
OnScreenAsia.com is the premier online resource for Asia-Pacific’s television content, film and media technologies news. Find out the latest happenings, issues and opinions from the industry’s movers and shakers and utilize the extensive database to find the information and data you need. Along with the newest headlines, premium subscribers also get access to exclusive video content, interviews and the latest issue of TV ASIA Plus. Connect the dots with OnScreenAsia.com, your direct connection to the region’s ever-expanding media industry.
Registration is closed.