StudioCanal acquires 100% stake in Tandem/StudioCanal TV
STUDIOCANAL, European leader in the production and distribution of TV series and Feature Films, is increasing its current stake in STUDIOCANALTV/TANDEM PRODUCTIONS to 100%, acquiring the remaining shares of partners Rola Bauer, Tim Halkin and Jonas Bauer.
This was announced by Anna Marsh, CEO, STUDIOCANAL.
Golden Globe and two-time Emmy-nominated Rola Bauer, founding Partner and STUDIOCANALTV Managing Director, will maintain some high-profile series through a non-exclusive consulting deal with STUDIOCANAL.
These include the upcoming SHADOWPLAY, created and written by award-winning Måns Mårlind (The Bridge, Midnight Sun), produced by Tandem Productions and BRON Studios in coproduction with ZDF, NENT/VIAPLAY and Canal+, as well as the 12 episode dramedy ON THE VERGE written by and starring Julie Delpy and Elisabeth Shue, a production of The Film TV coproduced by Canal+ and Netflix.
Anna Marsh commented: “Upping our stake will benefit the continued growth of our global television production and distribution businesses. Rola is an excellent partner and incredibly talented executive and has strongly contributed to the development of STUDIOCANALTV over the past eight years. On behalf of STUDIOCANAL, I would like to extend our sincere thanks to Rola for her hard work and tremendous dedication.”
Rola Bauer added: “My aim has always been to enlighten and entertain through television that transcends the boundaries. Founding this company over 20 years ago and further building it, together with STUDIOCANAL and the fantastic teams in Munich, Paris and London, led by Anna Marsh, has been an inspiring experience. It’s fulfilling to see the results, via the financing and creation of our international hit series such as, ZEROZEROZERO, SAFE, YEARS & YEARS, WAR OF THE WORLDS and the upcoming SHADOWPLAY. There has never been a better time to be in the international content business, creating and connecting platforms for our future economic recovery. Very much looking forward to opening a new chapter.”
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 41 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 39 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 37 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020