The “Hello Neighbor” brand extension has leaped forward by premiering the pilot episode of their newly completed animated series via YouTube on April 18th, 2020. The video has currently garnered over 10 million views, and received positive response from fans, as well as attracting raving reviews from YouTubers Dan TDM and FGTeeV.
“Hello Neighbor” is a successful survival horror stealth game about a mysterious neighbor which features thrilling tension with family friendly gameplay that has led to its overwhelming success with OVER 3 MILLION UNITS SOLD and OVER 25 MILLION MOBILE DOWNLOADS. The game also has a very strong digital streaming presence with OVER 5 BILLION VIEWS ON YOUTUBE. Before creating the animated pilot, the brand has published four storybooks, written by Carly Anne West and sold over 3 million copies worldwide.
tinyBuild, an indie game publisher and developer based in Seattle, USA, is the mastermind behind this successful game franchise. “It’s crazy how the Neighbor franchise became a best-selling book series and it blows my mind that we are now in animation! It’s always been my dream to build something that can transition into different mediums and thrilled with the work Animasia has done” said Alex Nichiporchik, CEO of tinyBuild.
Holding to the game’s and books’ themes of lurking danger and ominous findings, the animated series, targeting kids 6-12 years old, will consist of episodes that seek to unwind the mystery of the missing children. Lead by Nicky Roth, Enzo Esposito, Trinity Bank, and Maritza Esposito, the friends learn that when they dive deeper and find more evidence, they begin to realize that the forces behind this are far more sinister than they’d ever imagined.
The animated pilot is produced at Animasia Studio’s facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where the team executed everything from animation designs, storyboard, 2D animation, to final post productions. Apart from producing the pilot, Animasia Studio has also signed a representation deal with tinyBuild to bridge this animated project to pitch to potential partners. Aiming to produce as a 10 episodes x 20 minutes mini-series, this project is currently out on a lookout for potential broadcast and streaming partners.
“We are really thrilled to be able to work with tinyBuild in creating this animation spin off for Hello Neighbor. The brand power is strong with ready fan base and audiences, and now we just need to find the best and most suitable networks to support the animated series. Based on the responses we are getting, the audiences are anticipating to watch more episodes” said Edmund Chan, Managing Director of Animasia Studio.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 308 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 51 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 44 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 38 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020