Digital Platform more.tv Licenses New First-Run Television Series From ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group
Digital platform more.tv has entered into a new deal with ViacomCBS. Under the multi-year content licensing agreement, more.tv will be the only Russian provider authorized to offer an array of brand-new television series via SVOD in Russia and the CIS countries.
Among the new shows included in the agreement are the highly anticipated Southern Gothic drama PARADISE LOST starring Josh Hartnett (“Penny Dreadful”) and Bridget Regan (“Agent Carter”). The compelling family saga follows a prodigal son as he returns to his hometown in Mississippi and struggles to choose between his past and his future.
Additional new series include REPRISAL starring Abigail Spencer (“Suits”) as a woman who sets out for revenge against the gang that tried to kill her; the comedy
FIRST WIVES CLUB about three divorced women who share a common past; the military comedy-drama 68 WHISKEY; and the adventure fantasy DWIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR, about a 21st century teen who falls into an ancient underground chamber and meets a gothic princess who has been asleep for a thousand years. More titles will be announced at a later date.
Denis Gorshkov, CEO of more.tv: “ViacomCBS has one of the strongest and most diversified TV content portfolios on the market, and also a great library of global hit TV shows. These new shows boast incredible casts, directors and showrunners and are being created for the world’s leading platforms. We are glad to be working with ViacomCBS in Russia and CIS countries. This deal will provide more.tv a stable source of premium foreign content on a multi-year basis.”
“This agreement includes new world-class television series from some of the top talent in
entertainment today and we are delighted to be working with more.tv to bring these exciting shows to subscribers throughout Russia and CIS countries” said Lisa Kramer, Executive Vice President, TV Licensing, EMEA, ViacomCBS.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 8,907 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 59 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Indonesia’s pride, Viu Shorts! is back with 16 short films by Indonesian students 49 views | posted on July 28, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 48 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020