Content Partners’ Revolution Studios pacts with SPT
Revolution Studios, a portfolio company of Content Partners, has tapped Sony Pictures Television (SPT) to handle global TV and digital distribution licensing for all of its titles. The deal, announced today, also includes 64 Morgan Creek films to which Revolution owns international distribution rights.
Under the agreement, SPT will handle worldwide distribution of all television and streaming rights for more than 40 high-profile Revolution films including Black Hawk Down, xXx, Maid in Manhattan, Daddy Day Care, America’s Sweethearts and 13 Going On 30. Morgan Creek International titles include Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, The Last of The Mohicans, Young Guns, Major League and The Whole Nine Yards. The agreement reunites Revolution with Sony, an initial investor in the company as well as its original film distributor.
“The SPT team is among the best in the business and the ideal partner to handle international distribution of Revolution’s extensive catalog in the continually shifting global digital media landscape,” said Vince Totino, Revolution Chief Executive Officer.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 87 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 60 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020