Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), the leading commercial broadcaster network and production powerhouse in Japan, announced that MF Yapim, one of the leading production companies in Turkey, has acquired the scripted format rights to its leading one-hour drama series Abandoned.
The company will be remaking the series in Turkish. This deal follows the four prior announcements between the companies including the Turkish remakes of Nippon TV’s scripted formats Mother (Anne in Turkey) which airs in almost 40 countries around the world, Woman – My Life for My Children – (Kadin in Turkey) which airs in over 30 countries globally, and My Son (Turkish title TBD) and OASIS – a love story – (Turkish title TBD). The announcement was made jointly today by Mr. Atsushi Sogo, President of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Mr. Faruk Bayhan, CEO of MF Yapim.
This new deal marks the second format deal for Abandoned which was previously sold to JSLGlobal Media in Thailand. The touching series featuring innocent small children abandoned by their parents streamed on LINE TV across Thai from May 2019, receiving tremendous acclaim especially from the young demographic and creating immense feedback on social media. The Thai adaptation recently won the award for “Best Drama for Family and Society” at Thai’s prestigious Maya Awards 2019.
Abandoned is a touching drama seen through the eyes of children facing the harsh reality of life in an orphanage. While facing many challenges, these young children long to be adopted. Only after agreeing to become a member of a new family, the orphans learn of their past given names. Are innocence and happiness lost forever when abandoned, or will these children ultimately find their place in the world? This series will take the viewers into the hearts of children while displaying what it means for them to
love and be loved.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 123 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 93 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- C-Suite spotlight: Alon Shtruzman of Keshet International 66 views | posted on May 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020