Leading kids’ entertainment specialist CAKE, has announced it will bring Netflix Original Legend Quest to MIPCOM this year.
Legend Quest (26 x 25’), which was created by leading Mexican studio Anima premiered successfully on Netflix in 2017 in 190 countries and was the first animated Netflix original series to be produced in Latin America. Under the agreement, CAKE will handle worldwide distribution excluding LatAm. The title is available in 18 languages.
Legend Quest (26 x 25’) follows 12-year old Leo, a reluctant hero who joins forces with a supernatural group of misfits when his hometown mysteriously vanishes into another dimension: Don Andrés, an eccentric yet amicable old knight; the unflappable Teodora, Alebrije, a shape-shifting, mythological creature; and Finado and Moribunda, two lively, ever charming sugar candy skulls. Together, this intrepid group travel across the globe on a magical ship across time to the most famous and mystical places on Earth to defend the world against evil forces in this Mexican folklore inspired fantasy adventure comedy series.
Based on the characters created by Ricardo Arnaiz and the very successful Las Leyendas film franchise created by Mexico’s Anima, Legend Quest is executive produced by Fernando de Fuentes and Jose C. Garcia de Letona of Anima, (Cleo & Cuquin and Here Comes The Grump).
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 55 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 39 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 38 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020