A+E Network signs new broadcasters for Project Blue Book season 2
Building on the global success of its hit drama series Project Blue Book, Executive Produced by Robert Zemeckis, A+E Networks has signed a new slate of broadcasters for Season 2.
Additional markets include Viasat World (15+ Pan CEE markets) and RTL (Germany), both of which also picked up Season 1 of hit UFO drama series Project Blue Book, it was announced today by Richard Tulk-Hart, Managing Director, International Content Sales & Co-productions, A+E Networks.
The new broadcasters join those previously announced for the all-new 10-episode second season of Project Blue Book and brings the total number of countries airing the series to 165.
Broadcasters include Sci Fi Channel Europe (UK), Corus (Canada), SBS (Australia), TVNZ (New Zealand), U-Next (Japan), HISTORY (Korea, Latin America, Japan and Southeast Asia), HISTORY TV18 (India), OTE (Greece), Manoto (Farsi speaking diaspora), Mesimvria (Cyprus), and Showmax (Africa), TNT (Spain), Warner TV via EuroTV (France), D’Live (South Korea), Vietnam Satellite Digital Television Company (Vietnam), and CIS Yandex (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan).
From A+E Studios and executive produced by Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Back to the Future, Contact), the 20-episode drama series is based on the true, top-secret investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and related phenomena conducted by the United States Air Force in the 1950s and 60s and stars Aidan Gillen (Game of Thrones) and Michael Malarkey (The Vampire Diaries).
In the U.S., Project Blue Book is the #1 new series on cable this TV season, averaging 3.2 million total viewers in Live+7 delivery. During season 1, HISTORY was cable’s #1 entertainment network on Tuesday nights with total viewers.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020