Magna Systems and Summit demonstrate RCS Virtual Reality Calling at Media + Entertainment Tech Expo 2019
At Media + Entertainment Tech Expo 2019 on stand D42 Magna Systems and its technology partner Summit will demonstrate Summit’s unique RCS AR/VR Calling platform with support for RCS Chatbots and 8K live streaming over 5G.
Summit’s VR Calling embeds voice, video calls and Rich Communication Services (RCS), to and from any RCS mobile device within a VR environment – connecting virtual reality with the real world. Summit’s VR Calling allows users to share real-time 360 video experiences with connected off-the-shelf VoLTE/ViLTE smartphones or RCS devices supporting video calling – no app required.
Magna will be demonstrating its widest-ever range of IP, 5G, VR and 360 products and solutions on its largest-ever stand at this year’s Media + Entertainment Tech Expo and the unique Summit VR demo forms a key part of that offering.
While in a standard MNO video call with friends, family or any user linked to either the 5G or LTE live stream, this innovative form of communication allows people located in anywhere in the world to jointly explore remote locations from live sporting events, concerts, museums, live stream shopping and more, with an immersive 360° live video experience of the place they are calling by means of overlaid RCS voice, video and chatbot services. Additionally, users can engage with virtual 3D environments such as conference rooms and movie theatres and participate in real-time RCS group chats, voice and video conference calls with friends or colleagues while watching a movie within the VR theatre or when whiteboarding in an AR conference room.
The demo on Magna’s stand will allow visitors to experience just how 360° VR events from live concerts to live stream shopping can engage both on location broadcasters and streamers, to remote VR viewers by generating a multi-directional experience with on-site interactive video walls projecting video calls and messages by event participants.
/AR to both the live event and to the Mixed Reality (MR) social
The Media + Entertainment Tech Expo 2019 is on at the ICC in Darling Harbour, Sydney from 17-19 July 2019.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 195 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 106 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 48 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020