Magna Systems and Summit demonstrate RCS Virtual Reality Calling at Media + Entertainment Tech Expo 2019
At Media + Entertainment Tech Expo 2019 on stand D42 Magna Systems and its technology partner Summit will demonstrate Summit’s unique RCS AR/VR Calling platform with support for RCS Chatbots and 8K live streaming over 5G.
Summit’s VR Calling embeds voice, video calls and Rich Communication Services (RCS), to and from any RCS mobile device within a VR environment – connecting virtual reality with the real world. Summit’s VR Calling allows users to share real-time 360 video experiences with connected off-the-shelf VoLTE/ViLTE smartphones or RCS devices supporting video calling – no app required.
Magna will be demonstrating its widest-ever range of IP, 5G, VR and 360 products and solutions on its largest-ever stand at this year’s Media + Entertainment Tech Expo and the unique Summit VR demo forms a key part of that offering.
While in a standard MNO video call with friends, family or any user linked to either the 5G or LTE live stream, this innovative form of communication allows people located in anywhere in the world to jointly explore remote locations from live sporting events, concerts, museums, live stream shopping and more, with an immersive 360° live video experience of the place they are calling by means of overlaid RCS voice, video and chatbot services. Additionally, users can engage with virtual 3D environments such as conference rooms and movie theatres and participate in real-time RCS group chats, voice and video conference calls with friends or colleagues while watching a movie within the VR theatre or when whiteboarding in an AR conference room.
The demo on Magna’s stand will allow visitors to experience just how 360° VR events from live concerts to live stream shopping can engage both on location broadcasters and streamers, to remote VR viewers by generating a multi-directional experience with on-site interactive video walls projecting video calls and messages by event participants.
/AR to both the live event and to the Mixed Reality (MR) social
The Media + Entertainment Tech Expo 2019 is on at the ICC in Darling Harbour, Sydney from 17-19 July 2019.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 562 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 127 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021