DCD Rights sells two leading Australian drama series
Independent UK based distributor DCD Rights has sold two leading Australian drama series, The Hunting and My Life is Murder, to UK broadcasters Channel 5 and UKTV respectively.
A Closer Production presented by SBS Broadcasting Australia & Screen Australia, in association with the South Australia Film Corporation, The Hunting (4 x 60’) has been picked up for Channel 5 by Acquisitions Director Anna-Belen Dunlop for the broadcaster’s prime-time schedules. The series will premiere on SBS in Australia on 1st August at 8.30pm, with the UK premiere set to follow later in the year.
A new investigative drama series, My Life Is Murder (10 x 60’), is a CJZ Production for Network Ten Australia, with major production investment from Screen Australia and Network Ten, in association with Film Victoria. The series will premiere on UK screens soon after it airs in Australia on UKTV’s crime drama channel, Alibi. DCD Rights led the sale, and the acquisition was secured for UKTV by Charlie Charalambous, Acquisitions Manager. The ten-part series will debut on 17th July at 8.30pm on Network Ten in Australia and in September on Alibi.
The Hunting intimately and dramatically imagines the lives of four teenagers, their teachers and families throughout the lead up, revelation and aftermath of a nude teen photo scandal.
When two high school teachers discover students are sharing explicit photos of their underage friends and peers online, the revelation has unbearable consequences for the students and their families. Tackling themes of misogyny, privacy, sexuality and sexualisation, online exploitation, toxic masculinity and gender, the series uses this singular event as a way of exploring some of the most pressing issues of our time and offering a vital portrait of modern, multicultural Australia.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 67 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020