DCD Rights sells two leading Australian drama series
Independent UK based distributor DCD Rights has sold two leading Australian drama series, The Hunting and My Life is Murder, to UK broadcasters Channel 5 and UKTV respectively.
A Closer Production presented by SBS Broadcasting Australia & Screen Australia, in association with the South Australia Film Corporation, The Hunting (4 x 60’) has been picked up for Channel 5 by Acquisitions Director Anna-Belen Dunlop for the broadcaster’s prime-time schedules. The series will premiere on SBS in Australia on 1st August at 8.30pm, with the UK premiere set to follow later in the year.
A new investigative drama series, My Life Is Murder (10 x 60’), is a CJZ Production for Network Ten Australia, with major production investment from Screen Australia and Network Ten, in association with Film Victoria. The series will premiere on UK screens soon after it airs in Australia on UKTV’s crime drama channel, Alibi. DCD Rights led the sale, and the acquisition was secured for UKTV by Charlie Charalambous, Acquisitions Manager. The ten-part series will debut on 17th July at 8.30pm on Network Ten in Australia and in September on Alibi.
The Hunting intimately and dramatically imagines the lives of four teenagers, their teachers and families throughout the lead up, revelation and aftermath of a nude teen photo scandal.
When two high school teachers discover students are sharing explicit photos of their underage friends and peers online, the revelation has unbearable consequences for the students and their families. Tackling themes of misogyny, privacy, sexuality and sexualisation, online exploitation, toxic masculinity and gender, the series uses this singular event as a way of exploring some of the most pressing issues of our time and offering a vital portrait of modern, multicultural Australia.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 81 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 46 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020