Premier League collaborates with Irdeto on IPTV Piracy raids
The Spanish National Police has announced the success of the largest investigation to-date into a global illegal IPTV streaming business. In an operation led by the Spanish National Police in collaboration with police forces in the United Kingdom, Denmark, Europol, the Premier League and Irdeto, 14 locations were raided in Spain, Denmark and the United Kingdom. As a result of the raids, five people have been arrested for crimes of belonging to a criminal organization, intellectual property theft, fraud and money laundering.
The investigation uncovered a complex international technological infrastructure underpinning the illegal IPTV business, which comprised of 11 server farms distributed all over the world, some of them with more than 44 servers. The action has resulted in the shutdown of an illegal IPTV streaming business which allowed access to more than 800 television channels to subscribers in more than 30 countries, for subscriptions starting at 40 Euros per month. The business was also found to have several associated profiles on social networks, promoting services to obtain more customers.
The investigation began in late 2015, initiated by the Premier League as part of a global effort to combat illegal online redistribution of its content. The focus was on a website based in Malaga, offering IPTV subscriptions with access to a multitude of international pay TV channels. It was subsequently revealed that the website was run by a specialized international criminal organization with a presence in Spain, Denmark, United Kingdom, Latvia, the Netherlands and Cyprus.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 177 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 111 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020