Globo’s feature film The Night Shifter is licensed to AMC Networks’ OTT service
The feature film The Night Shifter, which is part of Globo’s international catalog, has just been licensed to Shudder, the streaming platform of the American AMC Networks group. The film is expected to be available as of March in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Australia, New Zealand and Canada in Portuguese, with subtitles in local languages, or dubbed in German for select countries. This is Globo’s second work selected for Shudder, which focuses on horror fans with a lineup featuring everything from independent productions and cult classics to Hollywood blockbusters. Last year, the service licensed the Brazilian version of ‘Supermax’, a thriller where participants in a fictional reality show are confined in a deactivated maximum security prison in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest, which was a major success among fans.
In The Night Shifter, Stênio (Daniel de Oliveira, The Party) works nights at the morgue in a large and violent city. He has a paranormal gift of speaking with the dead, so he is never alone during these late nights. When his conversations with the other side, however, reveal secrets of his own life, Stênio unleashes a curse that brings danger and death to himself and his own family. Directed by Dennison Ramalho, the film debuted at the Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal, and was also screened at the International Film Festival Rotterdam, the London Film Festival and the Festival Internacional de Cinema Fantàstic de Catalunya (SITGES).
With major investments to produce content in different formats and genres, Globo is increasingly becoming a major player in the international audiovisual market. Licensing the feature film to AMC Networks’ streaming service is yet another example of the company’s multiple-platform production capability. Globo is constantly presenting its content at renowned international festivals, such as the 69th Berlin International Film Festival, where the network recently presented its catalog of feature films during the three days of the European Film Market and promoted a screening of the limited series Harassment, an original Globo production exclusively for Globo Group’s streaming platform – Globoplay.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 227 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020