Singtel TV adds Discovery’s HGTV, AFC and Food Network to suite of lifestyle channels
SINGAPORE – Singtel TV has announced the launch of three additional lifestyle brands from the Discovery portfolio on Singtel TV and Singtel TV GO. The highly rated US home improvement channel HGTV, Asian Food Channel (AFC), and Food Network will return to Singapore on Singtel TV, widening its range of lifestyle entertainment content that includes TLC and Travel Channel, bringing fans an even deeper content offering of diverse and engaging real-life entertainment.
With the inclusion of the three new channels, Singtel TV will be carrying the whole suite of Discovery channels in Singapore, including the flagship Discovery Channel (CH202) and Animal Planet (CH208). Discovery is the largest provider of pay TV lifestyle content in Singapore, capturing more than 75% of viewers in the genre. Some of Discovery’s most popular lifestyle shows are House Hunters, Cooking for Love, 90 Day Fiancé and Harry and Meghan Said Yes.
“We are pleased to carry all the Discovery channels that are immensely popular among Singapore viewers,” said Mr Goh Seow Eng, Managing Director, Home, Consumer Singapore at Singtel. “Singtel TV is constantly working to deliver premium content to our viewers, many of whom are avid fans of educational and lifestyle content. We are pleased to work with Discovery to continue expanding Singtel TV’s content line-up of quality shows.”
HGTV (CH250), AFC (CH256) and Food Network (CH252) are available immediately on Singtel TV. Customers can enjoy free previews of the three channels at home or on the Singtel TV GO app from now until 30 November 2018.
“We are thrilled to add HGTV, AFC and Food Network to our existing Discovery portfolio with Singtel TV to cater to the appetite for food and lifestyle content, and entertain even more viewers in Singapore,” said Ms Anna Pak Burdin, General Manager for Southeast Asia at Discovery Networks Asia Pacific. “Each of these much-loved brands has its own unique content offering and fan base. We are dedicated to fueling the passion of our superfans and enthusiast communities, and we will continue to bring them what they love – on their television screens and beyond.”
HGTV, the #1 rated lifestyle channel in Singapore this year, is all about home and lifestyle, featuring hit series such as Property Brothers, House Hunters, and Flip Or Flop. Premiering soon is a Property Brothers special, Property Brothers at Home: Drew’s Honeymoon House, along with Fixer Upper: Behind The Design and Restored By The Fords.
Fans of Asian cuisine and culinary adventures can get their fix on AFC, which ranked #2 among lifestyle channels in Singapore this year. AFC is dedicated to Asian-focused food. Brand new shows on the channel include Luke Nguyen’s Food Trail, Kitchen Cook-Off and Food Paradise, while returning favourites include Family Kitchen with Sherson, Bake with Anna Olson and Martin Yan’s Asian Favourites. AFC’s website features thousands of recipes, instructional videos, and even food guides that will inspire and delight.
Food Network covers the food scene of Americana – from food competitions and entrepreneurs, to cooking hacks and food travelogues. New titles coming up include Halloween Ward, Guy’s Big Project and Christmas Cookie Challenge. Shows returning to the channel include top rating Iron Chef, Barefoot Contessa and Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.
AFC will be available as part of the Family Starter pack, so existing Family Starter pack subscribers can enjoy their favourite AFC programmes at no additional charge. HGTV and Food Network will be available as part of a separate pack to be announced at a later date, catering to those who want to watch more lifestyle content.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020