Viacom18 adds ThinkAnalytics’ personalised recommendations to VOOT
LONDON/LOS ANGELES – India’s Viacom18 has gone live with Pay TV and OTT content discovery and viewer analytics vendor ThinkAnalytics, on the ad-funded OTT service VOOT. VOOT’s 37 million monthly active users now have personalised recommendations in seven languages on the home screen, making it quicker and easier to find content they want to watch.
Viacom18 has also deployed the ThinkComposer UX engine and ThinkEditorial, integrated with the ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine, enabling its editorial team to automate and streamline content curation and promotions to better meet KPIs and business goals.
The ad-funded VOOT service offers over 50,000 hours of original, domestic and international content for free. Content includes: COLORS TV, MTV India, Nickelodeon India, a wide range of Bollywood movies, and VOOT Original shows.
The ThinkAnalytics Recommendation Engine uses machine learning and predictive analytics to understand individual viewer preferences and broader viewing trends in real-time and suggests new content, personalized to each viewer. As a result, operators see a substantial uplift in viewer engagement and loyalty.
Mohit Srivastava, Head of Product and Engineering, Viacom18 Digital Ventures, said: “When we saw the data showing how much ThinkAnalytics boosts viewer engagement, we knew it was the right service for VOOT and for our viewers. Having ThinkAnalytics intelligent search and personalized recommendations on the main UI makes it easy for viewers to discover more exciting programs from the wealth of content available on VOOT.”
Peter Docherty, Founder and CTO, ThinkAnalytics, added: “By adding ThinkAnalytics personalized recommendations to the VOOT home screen, Viacom18 is once again staying ahead of the innovation curve and offering its large and loyal customer base the ability to find suitable content fast. This represents the very best in personalized entertainment on a significant scale.”
For over 15 years ThinkAnalytics has grown to become the leader in content discovery and viewer lifecycle management. By applying advanced machine learning technology and analytics to content discovery, editorial curation, ThinkAnalytics increases viewer satisfaction, boosts engagement across all TV and video content platforms and increases operator ARPU. Viewers’ interests and previous viewing behaviour are analysed using advanced AI and machine learning techniques to help them find new content they want to watch quickly and easily.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020