Viacom18 adds ThinkAnalytics’ personalised recommendations to VOOT
LONDON/LOS ANGELES – India’s Viacom18 has gone live with Pay TV and OTT content discovery and viewer analytics vendor ThinkAnalytics, on the ad-funded OTT service VOOT. VOOT’s 37 million monthly active users now have personalised recommendations in seven languages on the home screen, making it quicker and easier to find content they want to watch.
Viacom18 has also deployed the ThinkComposer UX engine and ThinkEditorial, integrated with the ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine, enabling its editorial team to automate and streamline content curation and promotions to better meet KPIs and business goals.
The ad-funded VOOT service offers over 50,000 hours of original, domestic and international content for free. Content includes: COLORS TV, MTV India, Nickelodeon India, a wide range of Bollywood movies, and VOOT Original shows.
The ThinkAnalytics Recommendation Engine uses machine learning and predictive analytics to understand individual viewer preferences and broader viewing trends in real-time and suggests new content, personalized to each viewer. As a result, operators see a substantial uplift in viewer engagement and loyalty.
Mohit Srivastava, Head of Product and Engineering, Viacom18 Digital Ventures, said: “When we saw the data showing how much ThinkAnalytics boosts viewer engagement, we knew it was the right service for VOOT and for our viewers. Having ThinkAnalytics intelligent search and personalized recommendations on the main UI makes it easy for viewers to discover more exciting programs from the wealth of content available on VOOT.”
Peter Docherty, Founder and CTO, ThinkAnalytics, added: “By adding ThinkAnalytics personalized recommendations to the VOOT home screen, Viacom18 is once again staying ahead of the innovation curve and offering its large and loyal customer base the ability to find suitable content fast. This represents the very best in personalized entertainment on a significant scale.”
For over 15 years ThinkAnalytics has grown to become the leader in content discovery and viewer lifecycle management. By applying advanced machine learning technology and analytics to content discovery, editorial curation, ThinkAnalytics increases viewer satisfaction, boosts engagement across all TV and video content platforms and increases operator ARPU. Viewers’ interests and previous viewing behaviour are analysed using advanced AI and machine learning techniques to help them find new content they want to watch quickly and easily.
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 562 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 127 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 93 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020