Scoot cabin crew hopefuls to participate in epic interview in Athens or Berlin
SINGAPORE – Scoot’s latest recruitment campaign will see its newest batch of cabin crew hopefuls take part in an exceptional all expenses paid journey from Singapore to either of Scoot’s European long-haul destinations, Athens and Berlin, for the final round of an epic interview.
Prospective candidates will participate in a series of challenges around the selected city, which are designed to test qualities that will help them succeed as a Scoot cabin crew, also known as a Scootee.
“At Scoot we aim to be different, not only in our approach to business and marketing, but our recruitment efforts as well,” said Theresa Tan, Scoot’s Vice President Human Resources. “The chance to conclude the interview at our most epic destinations gives candidates a peek into what it takes to be a Scootee while having fun on the job, satisfying their love for travel, and creating unforgettable memories.”
Receiving over 300 submissions, the call for applications was held between 20 August and 9 September 2018 and shared across various online platforms including Scoot’s career Facebook page, Got Scootitude.
A total of 18 eligible applicants were invited to Scoot’s assessment centre for a test, group exercises and an interview, and thereafter six candidates were shortlisted to participate in the final rounds in either Athens or Berlin. The candidates will then be assessed by Scoot’s senior executives on how well they performed at the challenges posed to them.
The participants were chosen for demonstrating qualities such as teamwork, customer service, concern for safety, as well as their fit with Scoot’s young-at-heart culture. Hailing from Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan, the selected applicants are aged between 21-24 years old, and are either currently in the workforce, or students or recent graduates of various backgrounds, including Tourism and Hospitality, Psychology, and even Accounting.
With its fleet projected to grow to 70 aircraft by 2022 to support its rapid network expansion plans, Scoot plans to significantly ramp up its cabin crew recruitment efforts as well. Scoot aims to recruit about 1,000 cabin crew over the next 2.5 years, almost doubling its present cabin crew strength of about 1,100.
Scootee applications are open all year round, with regular roadshows conducted in various countries such as Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and more, to reach out to potential applicants to be the face of Scoot across its increasingly global network, which presently stands at 66 cities across 18 countries and territories.
Aside from educational and height requirements, prior cabin crew experience is not essential for applications to be a Scootee, which can be found here.
Scoot’s knack for developing innovative recruitment campaigns was acknowledged with a Silver in Best Recruitment Advertising Strategy at the 2016 Asia Recruitment Awards for a cadet pilot recruitment campaign.
Featuring a live Q&A session on Twitter and a $350 budget for advertisements and a prize, the unique, low-cost initiative allowed Scoot to reach out to more candidates in real-time to answer questions about the new programme and convert them into applicants.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020