MGM promotes Brian Edwards to President for TV Operations
LOS ANGELES – Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s (MGM) has elevated Brian Edwards, former COO of Mark Burnett‘s One Three Media, to the post of President for Television Operations, extending his employment contract through to mid-2022.
As president of MGM Television Operations, Edwards will be responsible for managing all business aspects of the company’s TV and digital productions. The executive will continue to oversee operations for certain MGM joint ventures, including LightWorkers Media and Gato Grande. He will continue to report to Burnett, Chairman of the global television group.
In addition, Edwards will join MGM’s corporate development team where he will report, in this capacity, to MGM’s COO Chris Brearton.
Word of Edwards’ promotion follows the news in June that MGM had lifted Burnett to chairman of the company’s Worldwide Television Group, with responsibility for the company’s global television creative and production. Burnett’s contract was also extended through to 2022.
Edwards joined MGM in 2016 as EVP of television operations when MGM completed its acquisition of United Artist Media Group.
Prior to joining MGM and United Artist Media Group, Edwards served as COO of Burnett’s companies from 2010 through the full integration of Burnett’s business into MGM.
MGM Studios acquired Burnett’s production company One Three Media in two transactions in 2014 and 2015.
Before that, he was head of legal affairs, general counsel and chief operating officer of DreamWorks, and was previously a partner in the Los Angeles-based law firm Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 41 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020