ITV’s Carolyn McCall joins MIPCOM 2018 keynote line-up
PARIS – MIPCOM has announced that Carolyn McCall, CEO of ITV, will be joining the MIPCOM 2018 Media Mastermind Keynote line-up. She will address delegates in the Grand Auditorium of the Palais des Festivals on Monday 15 October at 11.30am.
The world’s entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 15 to 18 October. ITV Studios is a leading creative force in global content production and distribution both as a leading unscripted producer and a thriving drama operation in the UK, US and Europe.
Taking to the MIPCOM stage for the first time, Carolyn McCall will outline ITV’s new vision “More Than TV” and the plan to grow UK and Global Productions. She will explain how ITV will do so, by working with hugely talented and creative teams around the world to meet the growing global demand from broadcasters and platform owners for brand-defining content.
Carolyn McCall joined ITV in January 2018 and launched a review of the company’s strategy in light of the rapidly-changing media landscape. She unveiled the refreshed strategy to the City at ITV’s interim results in July, outlining a plan that will deliver growth and ensure that the business is well positioned for the future.
McCall then outlined the new vision designed to build upon ITV’s unique and winning combination of creativity and commercial strength and to enable ITV to drive profit from three separate sources – advertisers, broadcasters/platforms and consumers. Prior to joining ITV, Carolyn McCall was CEO of leading European short haul airline easyJet for nearly eight years.
The MIPCOM 2018 Media Mastermind Keynote line-up already includes Tim Davie, CEO of BBC Studios; Josh Sapan, President and CEO of AMC Networks; global phenomenon in food, television and campaigning Jamie Oliver; Kay Madati, Vice President and Global Head of Content Partnerships, Twitter; MIPCOM Variety Vanguard Award winner Ari Emanuel, CEO, Endeavor and MIPCOM 2018 Personality of the Year Issa Rae, Creator, Producer and Star of HBO’s hit show Insecure.
This year, MIPCOM takes as its overarching conference theme “The Big Shift”, which sets out to examine the paradigm shifts affecting content creation, distribution and monetisation – a topic that will be tackled by a string of top-level industry figures.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 239 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 168 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021