Cineflix Rights strikes first-look deal with Mayhem Entertainment
LONDON – UK indie content distributor Cineflix Rights, a division of Cineflix Media, has secured a first-look development deal with Vancouver’s Mayhem Entertainment. Under the partnership, Cineflix Rights will gain exclusive worldwide distribution rights to Mayhem’s forthcoming projects, including the 8 x 30-minute series The Dog Dudes.
The series, which is headed for launch at this October’s MIPCOM market in Cannes, follows professional dog trainers, behaviourists and psychology experts Dylan and Darijan Northstar as they use pack wisdom to correct difficult dogs.
Mayhem Entertainment was founded in April 2017 by executive producer and VP Tyson Hepburn and creator, director and producer Matthew Shewchuk. Based in Vancouver, the company aims to produce television that “pushes the limits of cinematography and storytelling” across the unscripted and scripted genres.
The deal was brokered by Anthony Kimble, SVP of coproduction and North American acquisitions at Cineflix Rights.
“Mayhem is an exciting new company whose founders have a great track record in directing and producing award-winning, character-driven shows for international broadcasters,” said Kimble in a statement. “We’re really pleased to be partnering with them as they build their business and look to expand into scripted alongside factual content,” Kimble commented.
Cineflix Rights is the UK’s largest independent TV content distributor with a growing catalogue of 4,600 hours of must-watch programs. Over 50% of their portfolio is comprised of select third-party factual and scripted programming from first-rate producer partners. Cineflix Rights offers entertainment to more than 500 international buyers and delivers returns to 100 producers, consistently ranking in the top 10 of the Broadcast’s Distributors Survey.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020