Cineflix Rights strikes first-look deal with Mayhem Entertainment
LONDON – UK indie content distributor Cineflix Rights, a division of Cineflix Media, has secured a first-look development deal with Vancouver’s Mayhem Entertainment. Under the partnership, Cineflix Rights will gain exclusive worldwide distribution rights to Mayhem’s forthcoming projects, including the 8 x 30-minute series The Dog Dudes.
The series, which is headed for launch at this October’s MIPCOM market in Cannes, follows professional dog trainers, behaviourists and psychology experts Dylan and Darijan Northstar as they use pack wisdom to correct difficult dogs.
Mayhem Entertainment was founded in April 2017 by executive producer and VP Tyson Hepburn and creator, director and producer Matthew Shewchuk. Based in Vancouver, the company aims to produce television that “pushes the limits of cinematography and storytelling” across the unscripted and scripted genres.
The deal was brokered by Anthony Kimble, SVP of coproduction and North American acquisitions at Cineflix Rights.
“Mayhem is an exciting new company whose founders have a great track record in directing and producing award-winning, character-driven shows for international broadcasters,” said Kimble in a statement. “We’re really pleased to be partnering with them as they build their business and look to expand into scripted alongside factual content,” Kimble commented.
Cineflix Rights is the UK’s largest independent TV content distributor with a growing catalogue of 4,600 hours of must-watch programs. Over 50% of their portfolio is comprised of select third-party factual and scripted programming from first-rate producer partners. Cineflix Rights offers entertainment to more than 500 international buyers and delivers returns to 100 producers, consistently ranking in the top 10 of the Broadcast’s Distributors Survey.
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 60 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 51 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 50 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020