Channel 4′s Michelle Chappell joins Endemol Shine North
MANCHESTER – Endemol Shine North, part of the Endemol Shine Group, has named former Channel 4 executive Michelle Chappell as its creative director. Based in Media City UK, Manchester, Endemol Shine North produces adventurous TV and brand stories for TV, digital and social.
In her new role, Chappell will shepherd development and drive new business. She takes over as creative director from Rick Murray, who has been promoted to managing director.
Chappell joins Endemol Shine North from UK pubcaster Channel 4 where she was most recently the commissioning editor of documentaries. At C4, she was responsible for returning titles including The Supervet and The Secret Life of The Zoo, and has commissioned a variety of films and series including The Bulger Killers: Was Justice Done? and A Year on the Farm.
Before joining C4, Chappell was commissioning editor of factual, news and current affairs at Channel 5 for seven years. During her tenure there, she commissioned such returning series as Rich House, Poor House, Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords, Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords, and Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons.
Prior to commissioning, Chappell worked for 12 years in production. At BBC Factual, she launched The One Show, Crimewatch Roadshow and National Treasures.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 45 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020