Telesat selects Airbus to further develop LEO constellation
TOULOUSE – Airbus Defence and Space has been selected by Telesat as a major industrial partner to support their System Design and Risk Management phase for Telesat’s LEO satellite constellation, now in development.
Under the terms of the contract, Airbus will perform system optimisation, requirements engineering, and initial design of key hardware and software components for space, ground and user terminal segments of the Telesat LEO system.
Airbus has agreed to deliver to Telesat, at the end of the 9-month project term, an end-to-end solution that meets the performance, capacity and cost targets Telesat has established for its state-of-the-art LEO constellation.
Telesat’s LEO constellation is being designed to transform global communications by offering an unsurpassed combination of capacity, speed, security, resilience and low cost with latency comparable to, or better than, today’s terrestrial networks.
The advanced capabilities of Telesat LEO can satisfy many of the world’s most challenging communications needs, such as accelerating 5G expansion, bridging the digital divide, and setting new levels of performance for commercial and government broadband on land, sea and in the air.
Airbus will bring its wide range of expertise covering the full end-to-end communication system with satellite constellation and ground segment architectures, design, manufacturing and operations based on its strong heritage in GEO and unrivalled experience in innovative technologies, design and automated production of LEO satellite constellations.
“With four telecommunications satellites built by Airbus in its GEO fleet, Telesat has again affirmed its confidence in Airbus by selecting our company for its LEO system design phase, which aims to maximise capacity, coverage and performance while minimising delivered cost per bit,” said Arnaud de Rosnay, Head of Telecom Satellites at Airbus.
“We are extremely pleased to continue our successful partnership with Telesat and to have the opportunity to apply our leading expertise to Telesat LEO, providing Telesat with a technically solid and truly compelling LEO constellation design.”
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021