Noticias Telemundo strengthens presence in Washington D.C. with appointment of Javier Vega
MIAMI – Noticias Telemundo has announced the appointment of Mexican journalist Javier Vega as correspondent in Washington, D.C., as part of an initiative to strengthen its operations in the USA capital.
Vega will report to Victoria Rivas-Vázquez, Noticias Telemundo’s Washington, D.C. bureau chief, and will work alongside the bureau team, including renowned Noticias Telemundo’s correspondent Lori Montenegro. Prior to joining the Washington, D.C. team, Vega was a Noticias Telemundo correspondent in Mexico.
“Javier Vega comes to the epicenter of political activity in the United States to reinforce our philosophy of telling it like it is,” said Rivas-Vazquez. “In Washington, information is being generated at an unprecedented rate and the inclusion of a journalist of Vega’s talent and experience reaffirms our commitment to the Latino community at this critical time.”
Vega began his career as a local reporter at Televisa Puebla. Later he joined Milenio, a national media outlet, where he specialised in political affairs covering the Congress and Senate, the State Department and the President. As part of the Special Affairs team, he produced reports and anchored newscasts on Milenio Televisión, the leading news channel in Mexico.
He was also an investigative journalist on Televisa’s Punto de Partida with Denise Maerker, a bi-weekly show covering social, political and security issues. In addition, he was a news anchor and reporter at the teleSUR network.
In 2009 Vega won the National Journalism Prize awarded by Club de Periodistas de México A.C., and was part of the team awarded the National Communication Prize “José Pagés Llergo” for its coverage of the September 19 Mexico City earthquake. He holds a Communications degree from Universidad de las Américas de Puebla and diplomas from Tecnológico de Monterrey, Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas, and the University of Guadalajara.
Noticias Telemundo is a leading provider of news for US Hispanics. Its award-winning news programs are broadcast from Telemundo Center and include the daily newscast Noticias Telemundo with José Díaz Balart, Noticias Telemundo Fin de Semana with Julio Vaqueiro, Noticias Telemundo Mediodía with Felicidad Aveleyra, the news segment with Paulina Sodi on the morning show Un Nuevo Día, and the Sunday current affairs program Enfoque con José Díaz-Balart.
Telemundo’s Digital News Team offers uninterrupted content for US Hispanics through its growing mobile and online platforms. Noticias Telemundo also produces news specials, documentaries and news events such as political debates, forums and town halls.
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 562 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 127 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 93 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020