Kapuso stars bag major awards at the 14th Cinemalaya Fest
QUEZON CITY – Two of GMA Network’s finest artists have recently won big acting recognitions during the 14th Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival held at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
Comedy concert queen Ai-Ai delas Alas took home the Best Actress Award for her outstanding performance in Director Louie Ignacio’s drama film School Service. Ai-Ai portrayed the role of Rita, a member of a child-trafficking syndicate.
Last year, she also bagged top acting citations for her dramatic performance in the independent film Area including the Best Female Actor at the 7th Queens World Film Festival in New York City; Best Actress at the 3rd ASEAN International Film Festival in Kuching City, Malaysia; and Best Actress at the 2nd Los Angeles Philippines International Film Festival held in Carson, California.
The respected actress is currently one of the hosts of Sunday PinaSaya, the country’s number one noontime show, and one of the panel of judges in GMA’s singing competition, The Clash.
Meanwhile, internationally-acclaimed GMA Artist Center talent Therese Malvar has added another award under her belt.
She made history in Philippine Cinema after she was hailed Best Supporting Actress for her impressive portrayal in the films Distance and School Service. This marks the first time for an actress to win the award for two different roles in the same category.
Prior to her historical win in this year’s Cinemalaya, the 17-year-old Kapuso star also earned various recognitions in local and international award-giving bodies.
Therese was named as the Best Actress at the 2013 CineFilipino Film Festival for Ang Huling Cha-Cha ni Anita; Best Actress at the Cinema One Originals 2015, Outstanding Artistic Achievement Golden Goblet Award at the 2016 Shanghai International Festival, Screen International Rising Star at the 2016 New York Asian Film Festival and Best Actress at the 2016 Moscow International Film Festival for Hamog; and Best Supporting Actress at the Eddys 2018 (Entertainment Editors’ Choice Awards) for Ilawod.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020