SINGAPORE – HBO Asia and Viu have announced that the Viu Original The Bridge licensed by Endemol Shine Group, will be available on HBO Asia’s channels and services throughout Asia. Fans of Viu Originals will now have the opportunity to view this latest adaptation of global phenomenon The Bridge on multiple platforms.
From November 26th, 2018, the show will be available day and date on the PCCW and Vuclip OTT video service, in all available markets and on HBO, HBO GO and HBO On Demand in the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
“HBO Asia is committed to quality original local programming and working with Viu on The Bridge is another step towards that,” said Jonathan Spink, CEO, HBO Asia. “This adaptation of The Bridge will add to our ever-growing line up of Asian original content that will resonate with audiences in the region and around the world.”
“Our approach is not just to produce great content, but also continue investing in the local ecosystem by providing a platform for sustained growth. It is great to partner with HBO Asia on The Bridge, because they share our vision and passion when it comes to original content,” said Kingsley Warner, Country Manager Malaysia and Executive Producer of The Bridge, Malaysia and Singapore.
Viu is working with longtime partner, Double Vision, to produce a Malaysia-Singapore localised, ten-episode adaptation of global phenomenon, The Bridge, starring Bront Palarae, Rebecca Lim, Cheryl Samad and Tony Eusoff. The Bridge will be directed by Lee Thean-jeen and Jason Chong.
A body is found on the border of two countries, Malaysia and Singapore, forcing an investigator from each country to work together to solve the case. This is a licensed format from international production and distribution house, Endemol Shine Group and is a compelling storyline which lends itself to great localization.
The Bridge (Bron/Broen) was originally created and written by Hans Rosenfeldt as a joint production of Sweden’s Filmlance International, part of Endemol Shine Group and Denmark’s Nimbus Film. The Bridge (Bron/Broen) was produced in co-production with Sveriges Television, DR, ZDF German Television network, ZDF Enterprises Gmbh, Film i Skåne, NRK, Copenhagen Film Fund, Lumiere Group, Stiftelsen Ystad Österlen Filmfond, with from Norvision and in co-operation with Malmö Stad.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 52 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021