GatesAir appoints Jacky Yee to APAC leadership role
CINCINNATI – GatesAir, a global leader in wireless, over-the-air content delivery solutions for radio and TV broadcasters, continues to grow its global sales team with the appointment of Jacky Yee as Head of Sales, Asia-Pacific. Based in Singapore, Yee will lead a team of four regional sales managers and report directly to Rich Redmond, President and Managing Director, International.
Yee joins GatesAir with more than 20 years of experience in the broadcast and audio-visual industries, including key regional and director-level sales roles with industry heavyweights such as Tektronix, Extron Electronics, Grass Valley Group and Snell Advanced Media. His vast experience also includes a stint as Sales Manager, Southeast Asia for Harris Broadcast Communications Division – the company from which GatesAir was born. While at Harris, Yee exceeded sales quota each year.
His return to GatesAir coincides with a restructuring initiative by CEO Bruce D. Swail that has already increased company visibility in key growth regions worldwide. Yee’s experience with digital transitions, including his time at Harris focused on the over-the-air business, will be invaluable to accelerating that growth throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
“Having witnessed the transition of analog to digital TV broadcasting in the APAC region from day one, I’m acutely aware of how regional regulatory initiatives have divided the implementation phases,” said Jacky Yee.
“Because of this, I see many opportunities to grow GatesAir’s television business across the Asia-Pacific subregions and emerging countries, while continuing to refresh FM infrastructure and advance digital radio. Since GatesAir has always been focused on its core over-the-air TV and radio business, its recognition as an industry leader leaves the company well-placed to build on momentum around the ongoing digital transition.”
Yee’s experience in the broadcast industry has also led to strong relationships with broadcasters and existing GatesAir channel partners across the Asia-Pacific region – two important tenets that Redmond views as valuable to GatesAir’s regional growth.
“Jacky brings a wealth of experience and strong industry relationships to GatesAir, based on a successful career with roles of increasing responsibility,” said Redmond. “The Asia-Pacific region has rich cultures, numerous long-term broadcasters and many new business opportunities. His strong leadership and in-depth understanding of Asia-Pacific cultures and our customers will be a cornerstone for GatesAir’s future success in this region.”
GatesAir, a portfolio company of The Gores Group, provides complete solutions for over-the-air radio and television broadcasting, leveraging wireless spectrum to maximise performance for multichannel, mission-critical services. Powering over-the-air networks worldwide with reliability for nearly 100 years, GatesAir’s turnkey solutions enable broadcasters to create, transport and transmit radio and TV content.
With customers in more than 185 countries, the company is a leader in the industry for innovation and design breakthroughs, improving efficiency and reducing total cost of ownership with all products designed and assembled in the USA.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020