LONDON – Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group has announced the launch of two channels, in partnership with OTT platform Xumo, which will run across mobile devices and 20 million smart TVs in the U.S.
Xumo is an aggregated OTT platform, which is integrated on smart TVs from LG (via its LG Channel Plus offering), Vizio, Panasonic, Funai Electronics (Magnavox, Sanyo and Philips) and Roku devices, as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android.
The Mr Bean and Friends channel, originally launched as a YouTube vertical in 2017, is aimed at five to nine year olds. The channel features over 12 series from the Endemol Shine catalogue including Mr Bean – The Animated Series and Sea Princesses.
Puddle Jumper also launched on YouTube last year, and has generated more than 17 million views on the platform to date. The channel, which is also streamed on Roku showcases popular children’s series such as Bananas in Pyjamas and The Adventures of Bottle Top Bill.
Wim Ponnet, Chief Strategy & Commercial Officer, Endemol Shine Group said: “By working in partnership with a number of platforms, our world-class catalogue of content continues to be discovered and enjoyed by new audiences around the world. With their extensive reach, Xumo are perfectly placed to further drive this growth.”
“The addition of premium content from Endemol Shine is valuable to the growth of XUMO’s popular Kids and Family offerings,” said Stefan Van Engen, SVP Content Partnerships & Programming at XUMO.
“We know that homes with children are 38 percent more likely to stream OTT content, and with programs like Mr Bean and Friends and Puddle Jumper for younger children, we’re continuing to provide the kind of high quality content that our family audiences gravitate toward.”
Mr Bean and Friends and Puddle Jumper are two of the consumer facing channel brands that have been launched by Endemol Shine Group in the last year, which tap into the Group’s extensive content library.
Other channel brands include Totes Amaze for preadolescents which features series such as Blue Water High; Big Brother Universe which brings together the best clips, compilations and curated content from Big Brother series’ around the world; American sitcom channel, Hunyhaha featuring hits such as Hot In Cleveland; and OMG Network with American reality series including Rock of Love and Brandy & Ray J.
Endemol Shine’s content generates more than 2.7 billion monthly views online, with titles such as Mr Bean now among the world’s most popular entertainment brands on platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 81 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 72 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 60 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 59 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020