LONDON – Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group has announced the launch of two channels, in partnership with OTT platform Xumo, which will run across mobile devices and 20 million smart TVs in the U.S.
Xumo is an aggregated OTT platform, which is integrated on smart TVs from LG (via its LG Channel Plus offering), Vizio, Panasonic, Funai Electronics (Magnavox, Sanyo and Philips) and Roku devices, as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android.
The Mr Bean and Friends channel, originally launched as a YouTube vertical in 2017, is aimed at five to nine year olds. The channel features over 12 series from the Endemol Shine catalogue including Mr Bean – The Animated Series and Sea Princesses.
Puddle Jumper also launched on YouTube last year, and has generated more than 17 million views on the platform to date. The channel, which is also streamed on Roku showcases popular children’s series such as Bananas in Pyjamas and The Adventures of Bottle Top Bill.
Wim Ponnet, Chief Strategy & Commercial Officer, Endemol Shine Group said: “By working in partnership with a number of platforms, our world-class catalogue of content continues to be discovered and enjoyed by new audiences around the world. With their extensive reach, Xumo are perfectly placed to further drive this growth.”
“The addition of premium content from Endemol Shine is valuable to the growth of XUMO’s popular Kids and Family offerings,” said Stefan Van Engen, SVP Content Partnerships & Programming at XUMO.
“We know that homes with children are 38 percent more likely to stream OTT content, and with programs like Mr Bean and Friends and Puddle Jumper for younger children, we’re continuing to provide the kind of high quality content that our family audiences gravitate toward.”
Mr Bean and Friends and Puddle Jumper are two of the consumer facing channel brands that have been launched by Endemol Shine Group in the last year, which tap into the Group’s extensive content library.
Other channel brands include Totes Amaze for preadolescents which features series such as Blue Water High; Big Brother Universe which brings together the best clips, compilations and curated content from Big Brother series’ around the world; American sitcom channel, Hunyhaha featuring hits such as Hot In Cleveland; and OMG Network with American reality series including Rock of Love and Brandy & Ray J.
Endemol Shine’s content generates more than 2.7 billion monthly views online, with titles such as Mr Bean now among the world’s most popular entertainment brands on platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020