Discovery Kids app officially launches in the Philippines
MANILA – Discovery Kids, a mobile subscription service for kids, has made its international debut officially in the Philippines, in partnership with the country’s leading telco and digital services provider, PLDT, and its wireless subsidiary, Smart Communications. The app will also be launching in Singapore later in August.
Designed to spark curiosity and encourage exploration, Discovery Kids sets itself apart with a unique watch-play-learn experience and a specially curated slate of content within a safe, enriching world that kids will love and parents can trust.
Discovery Kids combines the best of science, nature and the wonders of the real world with beloved characters and unforgettable entertainment. The app’s user interface and experience are designed and optimized for kids, with intuitive kid-first navigation that makes it easy for kids to use while having fun exploring and learning.
Discovery Kids launches with over a thousand activities which include shows, videos, a strong games portfolio, digital books and much more.
Content highlights include:
- Shows that kids already know and love such as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Transformers Rescue Bots, Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Insectibles, Oddbods, and Angry Birds Toons
- Favourite children’s programme TeamYey!from ABS-CBN
- Games like Wild Kratts: Monkey Mayhem, Nature Cat: Park Builder, and Peg + Cat: Chicken Blast Off
- Original games Terra Formers, Ultimate Animal Races, and Rocket Escape
- Digital books such as Scaredy Squirrel and Goodnight Gorilla
- Showsfrom Discovery’s content library such as Cupcake Wars: Kids, Meet the Penguins, How Do They Do It: Kids Edition and Guess What They’re Making!
Kids will be able to toggle seamlessly between activities, with content refreshed regularly to engage young minds, inspire discovery, and ignite imaginations. With one account, subscribers get unlimited access to the platform across multiple devices and can download content for offline viewing. Take the fun on the go – watch, play, explore, and discover anytime, anywhere. The Discovery Kids app is available for download now and offers a free 30-day trial with a subscription rate of P129 per month after the trial period.
Under the partnership, PLDT Home will soon unveil a limited edition Telpad custom-built for Discovery Kids with a monthly subscription included. Additionally, Smart customers will be able to conveniently charge their Discovery Kids app subscription worth P129 per month to their prepaid load or postpaid bill.
Smart will also dish out exclusive offers to customers soon, including special subscription rates and freebies to enjoy the Discovery Kids app on their mobile devices. The Discovery Kids app is available for download now and offers a free 30-day trial with a subscription rate of P129 per month after the trial period.
“We share Discovery Kids’ vision to help parents ignite the passion for learning in their children through fun, informative and kid-friendly content, as well as unique and meaningful experiences through the app,” said Oscar A. Reyes, Jr., Senior Vice President and Head of Consumer Business Market Development for PLDT and Smart.
“Through this strategic partnership, we are also boosting our ever-growing portfolio of digital services aimed at giving our customers a wide range of exciting content – whether they are in the comfort of their home or on the go.”
Commenting on the launch, Jay Trinidad, President and General Manager for Discovery Kids Digital, added: “Discovery is driven by curiosity and our Discovery Kids app delivers on that promise, taking the brand experience beyond tv as we continue to innovate with new products and content. Together with PLDT and Smart, we are able to make the service available to kids across the Philippines, bringing them good fun in a safe and enriching digital environment.”
The app is a core part of Discovery’s strategy of evolving from one of the global leaders in television to a digital content company, with an evolving suite of multi-screen products such as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend, for super fans and passionate enthusiast communities.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020